Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I am interested in doing some deer hunting up in northern Maine for a monster whitetail. Does anyone have any ideas or is there anyone that wants to go at this with me? It would be cool to meet up and hunt with some fellow archery talk members!

--Brian

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
I am from Maine. What part of the state are you looking at?

Andy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Andy,
I am thinking up north, like around Caribou. Where are you from?

---Brian

·
Registered
135 Posts
Maine Archery

Brian,
I have hunted all over the state and can help you out BIG TIME on hunt location. Keep in mind our annual success rate is 4% with a bow :eek: Pretty sure the worst in the country? You are only allowed one deer up north and most locals just do not hunt with archery equipment. Maine as you know is quite big but only has 200,000 WT's.Having said all that there is a TON of nothern "Paper" co. land and ZERO hunting pressure this time of the year. PM me and I will get you to where the body size( 200 lbs and up) and desities are "good".

·
Registered
330 Posts
We don't have any deer here in Ohio !!!
Our deer population is only 1, and he is all mine.....lol
Good luck hunting down here in Ohio!!!

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
I am from Brewer. Personally, I would hunt the area around central maine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I live in Scarborough which is in the southern end of the state. Mid state is your best bet, It's the farm belt and alot of good woods in that area, South of Bangor and North of Augusta.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
We have camp up there every year, several (5 - 10) very experienced hunters and we have gone 10+ years without getting a deer. Hunting up there is insanely difficult but man is it amazing up there. (I can't believe I can't go this year damnit!)

Our camp is over by Rangely Lake.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Dredly said:
We have camp up there every year, several (5 - 10) very experienced hunters and we have gone 10+ years without getting a deer. Hunting up there is insanely difficult but man is it amazing up there. (I can't believe I can't go this year damnit!)

Our camp is over by Rangely Lake.

10 plus years and NO DEER. Are you guys leaving the cabin or are you staying inside with the budweiser? I know the woods are big around there but thats a wicked dry spell!!!!!!

The kenduskeg are is your best bet for seeing alot of deer. Alot of farms with high numbers of deer. Some really big bucks too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts