Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at several pics of griv and some of the wilde bunch and was wondering why they were not shooting one of the set ups with the shoot through cables. Is there a reason to it or whats going on? Which is the most accurate set up i would think the x cam system would be but i also woundnt think they would not be shooting something that was not as accurate. I am thinking of trying one of either a scepter or a cougar 3 and am curious as what configuration to use. Its gonna be used for mainly 3-d with some indoor and some field.

·
Simon Cowel of AT
6,595 Posts
I know that Dee, Jimmy D and several other Martin shooters prefer the X cam.

In my case it is a simple case of it ain't broke so I am not fixing it. the Fury Cams have never let me down and I am a bit lazy when it comes to new setups. The one negative I found when I played with the XCam was the tight area to get my string on and off. I play with my draw alot and the Xcam requires you to remove a cable to take the string on and off.

I am sure some of the fans of the Xcam will let you in on any secrets they have. Either cam you pick will do you right. DCM

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hammer,
You can't go wrong with either system. They both shoot well and I like them both. Both cams feel pretty similar and with your eyes closed you probably wouldn't know the difference. The ease of adjustability is definitely a plus for the x cams since a bow press is not needed for timing. I think the X cams cut down on lefts and rights for less experienced shooters. Anyway you look at it you're buying a winner with x cams for with the standard fury cams. Pick your poison. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ditto to what Darrin and Mead said. I like the cable adjustability of the X-Cam and the string removing issue was easily cured....put the cable end on the inside and put the string on the outside.. I have been doing this for several years now and have had no negative results, and it makes string twisting a snap. I am pretty sure the Wilde bunch do the same thing. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts