Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering going to a Biscuit. I now shoot two Mach 4 drop aways. I like the idea of the Biscuit holding arrow on during hunting but don't like anything touching my shaft after I drop the string.

Has anyone experienced any negatives using the Whisker Biscuit other than wavy vanes. I can live with that. Any accuracy, noise, tuning problems???

I shoot a 60# Pearson and an 65# Hoyt bow with Easton Excel shafts and Arizona Vanes. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
No problems here, the WB is a great rest. :thumbs_up

Don't worry about the fletching contact, each vane/feather gets the same amount of contact so it doesn't seem to be a problem. :smile:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love my Whisker Bisquit. It's so nice for hunting. You don't have to worry about pulling back and having your arrow fall off your rest. I've been shooting with one for a little over a year now and it's been nice.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
for hunting #1 for scoring no

In my opinion it is a absolutely great rest and have not used anything since going to it for hunting. Now if I was shooting for score and expected 1/8 groups the another TM style rest would be better. My opinion is yes it might be a 1/8 off at 20 yds but for hunting I would not choose anything else. With paper tuning I have not expierenced and problem with vanes either like some have stated. Oh and if I truly and giving up 2 fps than so be it. I love mine. My opinion :thumbs_up

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I didn't like the early version and I have no need nor desire to use the new version. But, many hunter are very satified, so I would give it a try!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
While the wrinkled vanes may not affect accuracy much, they will be noisy.

AAE Plastifletch started buzzing on the second shot through my WB; they started tearing after about a dozen shots.

Duravane last two to three times longer but are also noisy (though less so).

Vanetec, on the other hand, don't wrinkle and are dead quiet. You hear the bow going off and the arrow smacking into the target but nothing in between.

Plastifletch and Duravane are good vanes for non-contact rests but with a WB I'd use Vanetec or the Blazers the others have been touting.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I won't be using one. Too much contact, too much affect on accuracy too many other problems that it causes. I've never had my arrow come off the rest in a hunting situation in over 30 years.
There's a new arrow holder that works with a fall away the I use, I can turn my bow upside down & it stays put. Better flight than I ever got out of the biscuit and none of the vane problems etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Extreme Temperature Sensitivity

I was just talking with someone about this last night. If you hunt in sub 32 degrees, the bristles must be subject to freezing or substantial changes in density. If they get wet and the temp drops below freezing, I would think the results would not be desirable.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have just recently switched to a WB. I like it very much so far. I was shooting Duravanes but I have switched to Blazers since they were highly recommended here on AT. I have not used the rest in a hunting situation yet, so I cannot really comment. The wrinkled fletching really didn't make any difference on accuracy. I mainly switched just because of recommendations here.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Babe's Curse said:
I was just talking with someone about this last night. If you hunt in sub 32 degrees, the bristles must be subject to freezing or substantial changes in density. If they get wet and the temp drops below freezing, I would think the results would not be desirable.

That's what this is for..... :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ahh the ever popular question....

Any rest that holds the arrow the entire length of the shot cycle is not good in my opinion... They are noisy, tear your fletchings apart and in cold weather forget about it.....

I personally shoot a fall away. Love em'... will not shoot any other.... However there is another option if you want a rest that will hold the arrow.... go to www.apaarchery.com and check out their rests... all of the benifits of holding the arrow, but NONE of the disadvantages of the WB

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Xtreme Steve said:
Ahh the ever popular question....

Any rest that holds the arrow the entire length of the shot cycle is not good in my opinion... They are noisy, tear your fletchings apart and in cold weather forget about it.....

I personally shoot a fall away. Love em'... will not shoot any other.... However there is another option if you want a rest that will hold the arrow.... go to www.apaarchery.com and check out their rests... all of the benifits of holding the arrow, but NONE of the disadvantages of the WB

tear fletching the only fletching that tore off mine were the crappy kind that come on some arrows strip them put on blazers they are tuff er than h e double hockey sticks no snow its what cold weather for somebody said that above this post

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well boys...I just ordered me a WB Deluxe QS. Also, ordered some 4" Speedflyte vanes. I need a few fresh fletched arrows for Oct. 1 anyway. They said they were recommended for WB, they didn't have Blazers. I will give it a try. If I don't like it, I'll send it back. Thank God for Cabela's sevice. I hope I ordered the right size of biscuit. Isn't everyone here using the large hole for aluminum shafts?? Hope so cuss thats what I ordered.

When I get it set up, I'll report in and I'll either be a WB lover or I'll go back to my Mach 4.

I was just reading back through the posts here. I guess that some equipment differs and probably shooting style too but it sounds kinda crazy that some say they HAVE accuracy issues and some say they don't. I not convinced yet about the WB. I don't like it touching the full length of the shaft either, but so many rave about it and I do welcome the idea of total containment when hunting. I want to be watching for game, not if my arrow has fallen of the rest.

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
right kind

Had a guy in the other day, wanted to know what his shooting problem with WB was. Had alum. and was shooting carbon :mg: Just make sure you buy the right one for what your shooting :D

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
If you hunt in sub 32 degrees, the bristles must be subject to freezing or substantial changes in density. If they get wet and the temp drops below freezing, I would think the results would not be desirable.
Ice and freezing is a non-issue. Just wait until your Drop Zone fills full of water :eek: and freezes. I shoot both, a WB and a Drop Zone, and I'd take the WB out in freezing temps without hesitation. My first bow kill using a WB was in freezing conditions and snow. No problems and I don't even use that anti-freeze spray crap.

If you are in freezing weather you have bow limbs, strings, cables, arrows and releases to worry about also. Lots of "substantial changes in density" going on.

·
strayarrow
2,446 Posts
w/b

been using the w/b for years here in Canada and haven't had any probs. I have the orginal style and have trimmed the whiskers out a bit. At first, lost 7 fps. after trimiming was down to losing 3 fps. I can live with that. I use the AAE vanes and find they do scallop, but straighten out when you go over them with a heat gun/paint stripper. They last a fair amount of time. No issues with accuracy and heads. Have also used the w/b in 3d shoots and didn't have any probs with it.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
MOBOW#1 said:
Had a guy in the other day, wanted to know what his shooting problem with WB was. Had alum. and was shooting carbon :mg: Just make sure you buy the right one for what your shooting :D
It's OK to shoot carbons through a aluminum biscuit, just don't shoot aluminums through a carbon biscuit.

tmarch said:
I won't be using one. Too much contact, too much affect on accuracy too many other problems that it causes. I've never had my arrow come off the rest in a hunting situation in over 30 years.
I've never had a problem with accuracy. This is a 5-shot group of 2213's at 50 yards. It's accurate enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Ill say this, after using a N.A.P drop away, I switched back to my wb about 2 weeks ago. I do need to check into some of these vanes though that are supposed to be recommended for the wb.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts