Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate this, every year I think, do I sell my bow and get a new one or do I wait. My 03 Ultratec shoots great and is better the the 02 I had but then that make s me think 04 going to be even better?

Anyone got any info on what Hoyt has for next year? or Bowtech?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry.....we(proshops) don't get any info from any manu. until they release to their reps......Hoyt will be sometime in October....we don't get any inside info....infact the reps are all told at the same time at a meeting in Salt Lake City when the new stuff is released to them.

maco12
:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
OK, so who knows someone at one of the companies?

>;o)

OK, so it wouldn't be fair to ask them as it would probably be more than their jobs worth.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
No news

I was talking with the owner of a shop that deals Hoyt in my area. He in turn had just gotten off the phone, trying to place an order. According to him, Hoyt is not taking any more orders on anything "03", but would not give any inside info on anything "04". As far as Bowtec goes, I spoke to a customer service guy about 2 months ago. He told me bows like the Patriot and Mighty Mite are going to have much slimmer grips. This is not earth shaking news, just repeating what I heard.

GRNDZNDR, you gotta take an 04, so some of us get a good deal on your 03. It' just the right thing to do.:D

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry q2 I sold my 03 the other day for 600.00. I said I was going to keep it but then someone put 6 bills in my hand and I had to let it go LOL

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
No problem,

just take it easy on the 04 and I'll be watching the classifieds.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Slimmer Grips?

Slimmer grips on the Patriot? I think they are pretty close to being the thinnest on the market. I wish they would make the grip more like a backwards seven w/ a little offset (ie Merlin) versus the banana shape it has now!!

The shop I shoot at is now picking up Bowtech and he said something along the lines that his Bowtech rep said should do well with the 03 models until the 04 models come out or something along those lines, you know how it is when you hear something 3rd or 4th hand, but I getting my $$$ saved up now, hybrid doing 325fps w/VFT smooth draw and holding, that would be cool!

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I've got some inside scoop on a MAJOR innovation for 2004!!! These spy photos were shot at a secret testing facility some where in the midwest. I'm not 100 percent sure of the brand but maybe some of you can tell which bow it might be. This looks like some sort of new string dampner that is supposed to make the bow so quiet that you won't be sure that you've actually shot the bow yet. This new innovation looks to me like it will change the archery world forever. Possible advantages would be, straight and level nock travel even with a poorly designed cam, totally eliminating the effects of hand torque, a super quiet shot, extra dampening of the accessories on the bow and it will minimize the damage on your bow and accessories if you drop it out of your tree stand.
I can't wait for the new 2004 bows to hit the showrooms!!!

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Here is what I was told by a good source, but please do not hold me to this, you know how sources can be :D. I was told that Hoyt was keeping the UltraTec, but might drop the ProTec and come out with a new riser to replace it. Also, they are keeping the Cam1/2 but the will be a few changes to it.

Just what I heard from someone at Hoyt. He might have been filling me full of ----, but you never know. At least it is something to get you thinking :D.

LeEarl

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Absolutely amazing.

Will the technology never cease?

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Secret photo #3. Set up for the correct draw length, no speed loss will be realized and will prevent the bow from jumping foward at the shot, therefore no wrist sling is needed!!! Innovation after innovation after innovation!!! Where's it all going to end!!>-------------------->

Attachments

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
WWAG... ROTFLMAO...

You have to be one of the most innovative people there is... You make grips, bow presses, rests, MaxDamperChute's :D ;) etc., etc.

What's next?...

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
ROTFLMAO!:D :D :D Wait though, Knowing Matt it just may come true!:p After all he DID invent archery, right after the Camel was created.:p Had to shoot it with something?:) So.... I guess he invented the cam AND the wheel.:eek: GI, you best show some RESPECT!:D LMAO.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
NO NO NO!! It's really cool, all you can hear when you shoot the bow is a PPPHHHuuutttsss!!! At full draw all you need to do to activate it is to clinch your teeth on a little string that is actually is the "rip cord" that also works like a kisser button. When the shot is triggered, the ParaMax ChuteDampner travels about 4 inches before the chute starts to open. I seen some lab coat guys doing a study involving another tester that had dentures, so there may be more innovations to come!!!:D
As soon as I know more, I'll post it up but for now please keep this under your hat!!:eek:

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Slimmer Grips?

Double Lung 'Em said:
Slimmer grips on the Patriot? I think they are pretty close to being the thinnest on the market.
Hua? Bowtech's grip is not that slim, as a matter of fact it is a hell of a lot thicker than Hoyts. I hope they do slim it down, if they do discontinue the Protec then I will get a Pro 40.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you don't have dentures when you grab the rip cord, you will after you let go of that string.....couldn't you also classify that as an arrow speed control divice:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts