Archery Talk Forum banner

Any Oct. 1st luck yet?

762 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  DsrtRat
I took the day off and got skunked this morning. My buddy just called me and he got a neat 8 point on a property we rent. Hope everyone has a safe and happy season!
Later, Rob.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· R.I.P.
29,187 Posts
I took the day off and got skunked this morning. My buddy just called me and he got a neat 8 point on a property we rent. Hope everyone has a safe and happy season!
Later, Rob.
Stuck at work til Friday. I hunted a bit last Sunday afternoon, saw two does with fawn and a young buck(probably a 2 1/2 yr old 6 pointer, hard to tell in the last minutes of legal light even with 7x50 binocs) as I was about to leave.

But come Saturday morning, it will be open season for both moose and whitetail, with just the right kind of weather:tongue: Good luck everyone:thumb:

· Banned
493 Posts
It may have been past Oct.1, but...

Oct. 1 is gone and I was moose hunting in Sask. on Thursday and I screwed up on a nice 40"-45" bull and got winded by another one later in the morning. The calling seems to be erratic due to unusually warm temps. I've been in the area myself, no other vehicles parked in area. Now the area has a father and son team I know and the natives were in there pretty heavy. I know one of them and the group he's with will kill a moose and be done. Going to leave it this morning and may go out this afternoon. A rookie moose hunter and any advice you guys have would be appreciated greatly.

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! Its been slow for me, haven't seen any yet from a stand. Tonight I did see one as I was at the base of the tree and it was 10 yards away at dark. They sure are loud when they get surprised like that up close...

· Registered
711 Posts
How bout Oct 3rd? It was my first trip to the bush. I took a small doe just before dark. Made a 5 yard shot, straight off the end of the stand. 50 yard recovery. Now the sad part. I cut the tenderloins out to have for a nice afternoon snack. Put them in a plastic bag and brought the deer to the butcher. 20 minutes later, the tenderloins were gone. Turns out my buddys dog would rather eat that than an old chewy bone. :cry::cry::cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.