Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to know how many are pulling over 80 pound trad bows.. the one I use for deer hunting is 85 @28.. my target bow is 150 @ 30 that for long target shooting.. I just wanted to know and if so what is your bow set up...

Cody

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Can't handle over 20 myself ;)
I think there are a few around here who get into the heavy bows..Randy

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
A lot of us that post here are too old and busted up to pull close to those weights. Come from living a hard and adventurous life. (smile)

Dave

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
LMAO Dave, but very true, heck back in the day I shot 120 for Squirrels ;o dang getting older sucks.. Randy

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Not me Cody,,went to 70lb a long time ago but damaged my shoulder doing that.
If you don't mind me asking,what type of targets do you shoot with 150lb ?
My own field club wouldn't allow you to shoot our 3D targets with that wheight an no FITA club in the country will let you shoot over 65lb,,,just damages the backing on the butts too much.

Cheers.

·
Registered
585 Posts
...the one I use for deer hunting is 85 @28.. my target bow is 150 @ 30 that for long target shooting...

Cody
Dang!...If I tried pulling back that weight I'd be leaving a couple acorns behind...:shocked:

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
I use to shoot 80+ lbs. bows...but as much as I like to shoot...which sometimes can be all day...I compromised and found a weight I could shoot all day with.

Ray ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I shoot #[email protected] recurves that I bought in the early 80s'. They were intended to be used for hunting and travel where a takedown bow would be easier to pack. It's hard to argue with the advantage of 170 grain Snuffers at 180+fps. At one time I wanted to take all the Caribou with a recurve. I got married instead.

Good shooting,
Chris

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys the bows I shoot that are 150 @ 30 are what they call warbows and we shoot up to 300 yards with them or shoot at a flag and try to get an arrow as close as well can to a flag.......

Warbows are made out of all one pice of wood mosty yew.....

Cody

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Hey guys the bows I shoot that are 150 @ 30 are what they call warbows and we shoot up to 300 yards with them or shoot at a flag and try to get an arrow as close as well can to a flag.......

Warbows are made out of all one pice of wood mosty yew.....

Cody
Daaaang...you go Cody :wink:

Ray ;)

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Not at the moment. My last bow above 80# dropped in weight after a low spot showed up:sad:. My heaviest right now is only 70#.

Way to go on the heavy weight shooting though!

I know Marlon stops by occasionally, he should be able to talk heavy with ya:).

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Dang!...If I tried pulling back that weight I'd be leaving a couple acorns behind...:shocked:
LMAO Ya owe me a new keyboard I spit soda all over this one!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O yes Marlon is one hell of a nice guy i talked with him many times...

Cody

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello Cody yes very few Americans shoot are shooting over 80# or warbows. Mostly in the UK. Yes Yew or laminated warbows are drawed to 30 the mojority draw them to 32 or to your ear. Marlon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts