Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I am out there trying to catch those lobsters!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm from Yarmouth. I got into bowhunting two years ago so I could expand my range. Actually, so I could get more days in the woods without staying out over weekends. I can now hunt the expanded archery season locally and be home before 9 pm. Keeps the little woman a little happier. I managed a spike two years back but nothing last season. I'm getting started on some practice this month. I haven't tried 3D yet. Thinking about getting a couple guys here at work to go over to lakeside Archery and give it a try.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I'm from Yarmouth. I got into bowhunting two years ago so I could expand my range. Actually, so I could get more days in the woods without staying out over weekends. I can now hunt the expanded archery season locally and be home before 9 pm. Keeps the little woman a little happier. I managed a spike two years back but nothing last season. I'm getting started on some practice this month. I haven't tried 3D yet. Thinking about getting a couple guys here at work to go over to lakeside Archery and give it a try.
Steve at lakeside archery is a good guy! nice shop and awsome 3D range!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
hello from downeast maine (east of ellsworth)

·
Registered
4,044 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi from Gray

Not many ME hunters here on AT.They don't know what they're missing. Any of you done any projects in the DIY forum? I just did a Dremal cut off saw and it works slick.Just completed the $20.00 pipe clamp press which I have to paint yet then I'll test it out.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I'm in Maine

I am a Maine boy born and bred.

I am in Lincoln. Sure wish we had more deer around here.

I am bear hunting now and have bear hitting my bait every night.

I have been seeing lots of turkeys.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I have seen a ton of turkeys and deer!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Hello fellow archer! and welcome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello from Biddeford, I'm new to AT. I am originally from downeast...Calais.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Welcome to all the Maine bowhunters!

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
7th generation Mainer, currently living in PA. Own property in Merrill now - used to have property in Patten. Will be up in a couple of weeks, and plan to retire there in a couple of years.

Gerry
welcome, You know the sign on the highway when you enter Maine " The way life should be"! once you go accross the state line you in a Sportsmen paradise!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I know whatcha mean by the bull**** in Maine archery. My goal is simply to shoot my best now, I'm done with being a representative of shops, I just support the sport, I'm up at UMaine now and Bob over at Old Town has been nice enough to let me shoot and store my equipment there. The way the shoots have been was a money train for the shops and not much for MAA but the shops owners were all the president and ****, and meetings were all closed to membership. If it wasn't for the experience the shoots give me and the edge I get in national competition from these shoots I wouldn't shoot. I was wondering where you went jared.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Maine archery could be the best around if we all got together and made it clear about what we want ! Those that are puting it on would listen! I have suggested some money shoots! with two score cards being givin and all Ibo rules! I also have suggested they start giving trophies at least to the new shooters and kids!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.