Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought and watched Primos The Truth 2 AND 3 "Bowhunting" videos on DVD guys.
These bow only videos are always my favorite, and I must say that these are two of the VERY BEST bowhunting vids I've EVER, EVER seen. Period!
I have never figured out how Primos numbers these vids, as they don't seem to be in numerical order, in relation to when they were filmed. In other words, I caught them talking about for instance "The Truth 9", which was coming up, and this was in The Truth 14 or something! LOL!.
Anyhow, I would very much like to know IF there are ANY more "Bowhunting" only videos in the Truth series, other than The Truth 2 and 3????
I did not see this info on the Primos website. The ONLY video info they showed on their site, was a few of the very latest releases in the video line.
Everything else (older videos) were not even listed. That seems odd, as I figured they would always offer ALL their past videos for sale, for years and years to come.

Thanks for any help guys.

Also, if ANYONE knows of other bow only videos (preferably Whitetail, but also interested in other game), that are on the same quality scale as The Truth series, please let me know! I'm always watching thse vids!!!
Thanks so much guys.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Ibeleieve the Truth Bowhunting 1,2,3 are the only bowhunt only vid's they have made. The Truth 1-14 are whitetail vid's with a couple muleys on a few of them. They are not Bowhunt only but there are a LOT of bowhunts on them. Flingr

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
yea there is also a primos bowhunting 1...pretty neat too. Will Walker shoots a mountain lion with his bow. also the truth 1-14 big bucks has a lot of hunts on it. some gun but more bow. I love em

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
That is right there are Truth 1-14 that are a mix of gun/bow....then the last couple of years they have started doing the bowhunting only stuff. They are the best video out there IMHO, I always get their turkey and deer videos. Probably my favorite one the did was a couple years back when they had several spot and stalk muley hunts, that was awesome!! '94

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aroflingr said:
Ibeleieve the Truth Bowhunting 1,2,3 are the only bowhunt only vid's they have made. The Truth 1-14 are whitetail vid's with a couple muleys on a few of them. They are not Bowhunt only but there are a LOT of bowhunts on them. Flingr

Actually, The Truth 9 I think, was either Elk Hunting, or Duck Hunting.
What I'm saying, is that The Truth 1-14 is NOT only Deer, Muleys, etc.
They are all mixed in with each other. Primarily Whitetail and Elk, but there are many The Truth vids, that are between 1 and 14, which are Ducks, and other game...

All I need now, is to find The Truth 1 Bowhunting to go with my Truth 2 and 3 Bowhunting...

Thanks for the info guys..

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the primos bowhunting and elk videos. They have awsome quality and some great hunts.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
The first Primos video ever made is titled:
"The Truth About Calling And BowHunting Whitetails". Hard to find on DVD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check out Double Bull archerys line of videos. If you like lots of bow whackin' its the one for you. Tons of animals of all kinds shot on the ground from their blinds. Videos are only $5.00, basically just pay the shipping. Check 'em out. www.doublebullarchery.com

BRO

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
They are all mixed in with each other. Primarily Whitetail and Elk, but there are many The Truth vids, that are between 1 and 14, which are Ducks, and other game...

Actually there not...They have a seperate line of elk, turkey , duck and predator vid's etc...but the truth big bucks 1-14 are all WT's and a few muley's....Flingr

·
Registered
110 Posts
i really like drury's line of videos whitetail madness and dream season are my favorite both of them 7 i havnt seen dream season 8 though

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
most all of the hunting on the primos elk series are bow hunts. a few rifle, but by far mostly bow.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
aroflingr said:

Actually there not...They have a seperate line of elk, turkey , duck and predator vid's etc...but the truth big bucks 1-14 are all WT's and a few muley's....Flingr
Flinger's correct. There are separate lines of each. But they have only done Bowhunting Only in Volumes 1, 2 & 3.

Greg

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
check out the slunger hollow videos, they are fair chase self made hunts. I think the titles are even fair chase whitetail encounters. they are very down to earth hunts that are very entertaining. I know that Cabelas carries them. They are from Ohio, about 25 miles from me. AWESOME. I too enjoy the Primos bowhunting vids.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Primos has several lines within the "The Truth" series.

The Truth Big Bucks - Deer (1-14)
The Truth Big Bulls - Elk (1-9)
The Truth Incoming - Waterfowl (1-4)
The Truth Calling All Coyotes (1-2)
The Truth Spring Turkey Hunting (1-17)
The Truth Bowhunting (1-3)
The Truth Big Game Out West

All of these are available at HuntFlix. I hope this helps.

-- FLIX

·
Registered
106 Posts
the "truth" series is also my fav line of videos. I belive that 1-4 are bowhunting, i should bust them out and see. I also have the truth 7 wich only features 2 or 3 total gun hunts, 1 muly hunt and the rest whitetail.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I just bought the "Truth 3 Bowhunting" DVD. 20 bow hunts, 15 whitetail, 2 mule deer and 3 elk. The stalk on a large whitetail standing over a bedded doe was incredible. Great DVD, great bunch of guys.

Curious about one thing though.....in the scenes where the guys are sitting around on the porch talking about the hunt. Is that for real or is it being filmed on a set of somekind? Always wondered but could never tell for sure...after all...it ain't supposed to be Hollyweird!

·
Registered
537 Posts
GreggWNY,

In one of the elk (Big Bulls) DVDs, Will mentions that the cabin is over 100 years old and is on one of the properties they hunt.

-- FLIX

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Elusive Truth...

hoytviper said:
The first Primos video ever made is titled:
"The Truth About Calling And BowHunting Whitetails". Hard to find on DVD.
Yeah that was a good one...had it once (on VHS of course LOL), would like to find it again. You're right it's hard to find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts