Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone ive only been shooting for a year so please forgive my ignorience i shot a lot of bows before i made my first puchase and even thought they were all great products it all boiled down to comfort if its not comfortable you wont shoot good well i decided on a strother moxie for target and a sr 71 for hunting and love both my hunting bow has not ever let me down and harvested 7 great mature deer first pope and young and a albino doe and a twisted tine 150 nontypical now heres my question on my moxie i have a apache stide mounted stab and it works great as far a balance but when i shoot 60 yards and out very dificult to stay on target so some people say i need a vbar and long front stab everyone says i shoot great but i want to be better does anyone have any recomendations for that set up any info is well appreciated

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I personally suggest you give Bernie's Falcon lite stabs a shot! I have been using them about a month now and their extreme lite weight really allows you to get more weight away from the bow as far as possible where it will have the most influence in reducing any rotational motion. I also recommend contacting Garceau here in AT as he is very knowledgeable about the entire Strother lineup, and in particular the Moxie! I am sure he could give you some great suggestions on where to start with weights and lengths, and Bernie could do this as well! Happy shooting!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
contact todd at dead center archery. great stabs and he will take care of you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Give Vendetta Archery a call...ask for Jason....great company and CS...

·
Trust In Jesus!!!
1,448 Posts
Go to stab classifieds and look up bernies control freak he will set you up and take care of you great product.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Drop me a PM - having a pile of Moxies in the garage I hope I can be of some benefit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I agree with a couple other guys, go look up coachbernie on here, I just got off the phone with him and he has got me set up pretty good! This guy really knows stabilizers and really puts the work and studying in to it. I have seen and heard great things about how he can help balance a bow. Give him a shout on here he will be more than happy to set you up.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
The goal of the stabilizers arent so it can balance on a needle - although thats an OK starting point.

My bow would fall right off the needle slam into the ground bounce up and hit me in the head. But it balances and holds well for MY grip and the different torque I may apply compared to others.

Look at some pics of Reo's bows....his side bar has a ton of weight on it and goes way out to the side.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Another vote forDead Center. Best stabs I've ever used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Give Master Coach Bernie a call great guy, great products, and feel free to purchase one his books the have helped me come along way in archery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts