Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got one for Christmas last year and only got to use it once so I can't speak to the durability.

It is light and easy to set up. Definitely a nice tool to have in your backpack. The one time I used it it kept me pretty dry and helped me stay on stand. Without it I would have called it quits.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
in a steady/more than drizzle rain, it'll start to leak about an hour or so into the sit. Heavy rain, less. BUT that said, it kept me dryer than sitting my butt IN the rain in the tree. I do like it, it's light, easy to set up and you can use it as a partial ground blind if you want to. I got mine for $20 locally and it was the gorilla version.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have one in my pack for all my treestand hunting.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Great product. I have several of their older model and they have kept me dry and on stand in all day rains many times. Ref the wind, if it's windy enough (and raining) to blow it around then I'm not gonna be in the stand anyway.

Only negative I have is the round plastic end that the umbrella sits in can become stripped out after screwing in/out of several trees. I eventually made my own supports as the umbrella itself last for many years.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looks very similar to the version I have. (can't think of the name at the moment) Works great! Very sturdy. Left it on my tree for 2 weeks and held up great. It was also a blessing to have when a flock of black birds landed above me in my tree!!! :pukey:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've had mine for a long time now.. I've used it already as blind for deer already.. It was with me this past Monday for turkey in all that rain.. Best 19.00 bucks I've spent

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Have used that or similar. i thought it was great. Sat out on days the otherwise i wouldn't have gone or would have gotten way too wet.

Mount it high enough so it doesn't snag your bow. I lost the screw in thing for mine --bummer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
umbrella

I have had another model for lots of years. in a steady downpour you will stay dry unless it's windy then you get wet. it is a great asset to your gear .

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I like mine. It has six strings attached & if you get those set-up right & tight it's a lot better then the square style in the wind.

I used mine this years on the ground for turkeys this years & it worked great. I'm sure I'll use it some for deer as well. Not just the treestand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts