Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just watching another episode of Dominant Bucks where the guys film their own hunts while chasing trophy bucks. Adam Hays and others lay down some giants and add the challenge of running a video camera while trying to get a shot off and get good footage to make a tv show we can all watch. Filming hunts isn't for everybody, but some of us don't leave the house without our cameras to be able to bring the memories back home for others to enjoy too. I've only gotten one good buck under my belt self-filmed, but I was just as happy about getting the footage as I was the buck. An awesome feeling getting back to camp and showing my hunting buddies and having them relive the hunt with me.

Who on here gets it done all on video by themselves on trophy bucks or any animal for that matter?

·
One Shot
9,181 Posts
Not me, but I bet lots of people will think you are asking a mathews tuning question, based on the title.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I got it done last season ... With a gun ... Can't imagine myself trying it with a bow (hard to do with a gun , lol). He wasn't a monster , but as you said , I was so excited just to get it on video. Last season was the first season I'd ever even taken my camera with me , and to get a kill shot on my first try ... I showed it to EVERYONE !!! Don't think I could go without my camera now ... Since , I've gotten some great , all-round footage in general ... But I'll never forget my first , self-filmed kill shot !

·
Registered
927 Posts
I started filming my hunts last year. Good time and adds a little extra challenge.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I personally do not film hunts, but I am sure there might be some advantages to doing so for some. All hunting for me is spot and stalk, so carrying another piece of equipment is not going to happen unless someone else is along for the ride with me and wants to record. For blind or tree stand hunting I probably might, as being able to revisit the shot would help under certain circumstances.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh...I guess the title might be misinterpreted. But maybe the one's who do film will chime in.

Any videos that want to be shared?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I knew exactly what you meant, and yes it is very rewarding to get it on video. I have been doing it for a few years now with just one camera. I am going to try two cameras this year. I started doing it not so much for getting a kill on video ( didnt think it would happen so quickly) but so I could just get footage of deer and wildlife that I see while in the stand. My first year I filmed two bucks sparring and a huge ten point making scrapes. That was as cool to me as getting a kill on film.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I don't know it I qualify as a solo cam pro but I do film my hunts. Not just big bucks, but hogs and does too. Here's a link to one of my videos (Pope and Young):

http://youtu.be/J80cU7FRcfc

My YouTube page is listed under "bobfishbw". Just type that in the search block and it should take you to the rest of my videos.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
This will be my first year having a cameraman. But still going solo as well

·
Registered
145 Posts
Started filming last year and am hooked now. Won't be heading to the woods without my cameras in tow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know it I qualify as a solo cam pro but I do film my hunts. Not just big bucks, but hogs and does too. Here's a link to one of my videos (Pope and Young):

My YouTube page is listed under "bobfishbw". Just type that in the search block and it should take you to the rest of my videos.
Nice work on that video

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Very nice video and editing man!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm gonna have a 2nd camera with me this year too and try to get the "hunter camera angle" to make editing better. It's alot of fun to come back home and try to make a cool movie for others to watch. Here's a couple of my first tries at filming end editing. Not great, but I'm learning... I needed to make the 2nd one shorter, but will be using a better editing software this year and can get slow-mo feature which is cool to have. Enjoy and good hunting guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrYudKSdvc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZH8UJWF3c

·
Registered
735 Posts
Definately not a pro by any means, but I self film all my own hunts. Some buddies and I all film ourselves, and were working on getting a DVD together if we can get enough kills on film. It sure is tough to film yourself, but it's addicting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts