Archery Talk Forum banner

Any tips for IBO Indoor Worlds?

828 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  flintcreek6412
A few buddies and myself registered for the IBO indoor worlds. None of us have ever shot it before and were curious to see if anyone had any tips or suggestions. Pics from previous years? It seems like shooting everything indoor on flat ground should be a little easier to judge yardage than outside. For those of you that have shot it before, what was your take.

Thanks,
Jon
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,868 Posts
First off have fun its a great shoot. Now for the bad. The lighting isn't the greatest make sure your sight is up to it. No real place to practice but you do get a few minutes to shoot before you start. It is fast paced plan ahead and look were your next targets are. Sometimes they are calling archers to the line before you find your bow.:mg: Main thing is relax and have fun. All those people aren't watching you :shade:

· Registered
4,710 Posts
lol.. its really not that bad. just relax and take it all in. you will be on the line shooting with 40 or more guys/gales so dont think everyone is watching you. just shoot every target like its ur last and have fun. lets use know how ya do bud and good luck =0)

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, I have shot there the last 2 Saturday's. That is the best indoor range I have seen. I really enjoyed shooting there. I'll probably try to hit it again this weekend.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What were you shooting? I was there for the money shoot last Saturday and open practice the Saturday before. I'm shooting a black Pure with AP Snow limbs.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
It's a fun shoot and I really like the format. Pace is just right and they give you a very large shooting area. Even though 40 guys are on the line at once you are not elbow to elbow. You are timed which is great and keeps the pace going. If the outdoor events would hold people equally accountable for time on the line you would see more interest and less long lines. Only downside is that there isn't a place to practice other than 5-10 shots right before you go. I have also seen that the HC targets don't offer much in the way of distance variation. Mostly 15-25yrd shots. Make sure you have used the bathroom before getting on the line because once on, you don't get a break until done. Have fun and good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.