Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if any1 is using these or tested them. i have been thinking about getting some and was wondering what u all thought of them.

Sean

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention the ones with the 2 fixed blades and 2 expandables are the ones i am looking at

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have used them now 6 years +very pleased taken 6 elk 4 mule dear 1 p+y alaskan moose 1 black bear all pass throughs but 2 . on moose he was very beligerant+ishot him 3 times 2 of them the broadhead was sticking out far side 6" 70# ken.enegy -elk deer+bear 62# ken. energy.incredible blood trails most died in sight .downside you must spin them+get heads centred by pushing on high side of head also not stainless+will rust

·
Registered
719 Posts
I agree with dave, they shoot like a field point and leave a blood trail like you've never seen. I have used them for 3 yrs now and will use them again this year. They do rust but the blades are sharp and with a little film of vaseline they will hold up fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too shoot the gold tip gladiator. as far as i'm concerned they are a fantastic broadhead. with them you get the best of both worlds. fixed and mechanical. i've killed a few BIG bears with them and have had nothing but devastating results. last bear was shot at 35 yards quartering away and the arrow broke the last 2 ribs going in , destroyed the vitals, and passed completely through the opposite shoulder blade. bear went 10 yards. and blood............ all i can say is HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: i've seen moose taken with them too with similar results. very very sharp blades out of the package. i think you will have good luck with them....

GOOD LUCK>>>>>>>---------------------------->

·
Registered
66 Posts
also one more thing... i too used to use vaseline for the blades it works awsome. but this year i tried a light dip in canola oil and it worked really well too.:)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I tested them a while back. I was suprised, but they are a pretty good broadhead. Very sharp, accurate, and the make a huge hole in what they hit!

·
Registered
748 Posts
gladiators

they are great as far as im concerned. ive shot 5 critters with them all pass tru's , all died within sight , the last was a big exotic ram(250 lb) cut 1 rib going in and 2 coming out , had a guy ask -what did you shoot him with a 300 mag? and he was looking at the entrance wound !! use you ceramic sharpening sticks and hit them 2 or 3 licks on each blade

·
Registered
36 Posts
A few years back a buddy of mine took a moose with the 125 grain version. Put an entrance hole in 'im that was big enough to stick four fingers in. The moose piled up within 30 yards and hit so hard we had to dig one antler out of the ground. That sold me on them.

Enjoy,
Dan

·
Registered
321 Posts
5 shot said:
I tested them a while back. I was suprised, but they are a pretty good broadhead. Very sharp, accurate, and the make a huge hole in what they hit!
How did they score?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts