Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to remove the cable guard on my Old Glory; however, it was not pretty. Now, I want to remove the cable guard from my Allegiance.

Anybody have any tips?

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
I'll offer a suggestion....... even though you're a lawyer, which is the drudge on the very bottom of the pond of life........ :D (with apologies to JimC :D :D :D )

When I removed the CG from my Allegiance, I removed the set screw (of course) and then took a pair of channel locks and twisted / pulled the cable guard out. It destroyed the cable guard but it came out in one piece.

Remember to knock out the little lead bearing in the bottom of the set screw hole before re-installing or it won't grab. ;)

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I haven't pulled the cable guard out of my BowTech, but in other bows when it is being stubborn, I have used a Craftsman strap wrench which has a rubberized strap that prevents marring and destroying the cable guard. You could also give it a good wrapping in duct tape before you grab hold of it to prevent ruining it as well.

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Are you doing the Windstalker cable guard thing?

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
sagecreek said:
Are you doing the Windstalker cable guard thing?

Yep. Pretty sweet. No more left and right "flyers". There weren't many before but this CG seems to make the bow a little more forgiving. Now my misses are all in line with the 12 at least........ :thumbs_up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts