Archery Talk Forum banner

Anybody have the MacBook Air?

319 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Tax Lawyer
I am thinking of getting one of these. Thoughts? Experience?

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/macbook_air?mco=MTE4MTY

I have an older MacBook and I like it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,051 Posts
A couple of people I know have them. They really like them. There is no external screen functionality so unlike my MacBook Pro I can't use it as a desktop replacement. I've been told the screen is pretty good, and the think profile is pretty robust. In handling one they are pretty amazing. best thing to do is go to an Apple store and try one if you have a store nearby. I believe Best Buy is also selling them.

· Registered
435 Posts
I know a couple of people who have one and don't like it. The whole thing about not being able to connect to things easily being the main problem. 1 USB, annoying headphone jack and a micro dvi port, that's about it. I thought it did have external screen capability though via the micro dvi port, but you need an adapter to actually connect it to a monitor. No space for things like CD/DVD drives and the like so that all has to be done wirelessly which is a pain from what I understand. It's good on the cool factor but not so good on the practicality factor. Duel booting MacBook pro would be my choice over the air.

· Registered
38,292 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.