Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how long does the insert last using just FP's?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A friend I know at a 3D club in the east got one new for the club last year and after 5 tournaments with 100+ shooters it is still in excellent shape. That said, he now thinks he should have ordered the DELTA Elk which is thinner and takes up less space in the storage shed and is apparently more durable?

You saw the condition of that DELTA we shot in C.S. after I missed! :eek: :sad:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
A friend I know at a 3D club in the east got one new for the club last year and after 5 tournaments with 100+ shooters it is still in excellent shape. That said, he now thinks he should have ordered the DELTA Elk which is thinner and takes up less space in the storage shed and is apparently more durable?

I don't see the Delta Elk on their website:

http://www.deltatargets.net/products/3d-targets.php

They didn't discontinue it did they?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which of your many misses was this?:dontknow::set1_rolf2:

J/K

Seriously.....which Delta are you talking about? I'm not worried about space in a shed......it will live outside year round.:wink:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
One of the ranges I shoot has one. That thing is sweet! It is a monster of a target. I would assume, like all Rineharts, that it will take thousands of shots before you need a new insert.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I imagine its pretty heavy, we have a caribou and mountain goat and they weigh a ton, but are very very durable!!

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
Which of your many misses was this?:dontknow::set1_rolf2:

J/K
So, how many misses were there?
At how many targets?
At what range?

Who all did the missing?

You Colorado boys better watch out this weekend, I'll be invading the state for a couple days!:tongue::thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You want to watch out leaving targets out year round.

I shot at a 3D course once where the targets were out year round and it seemed that the chipmunks and mice were having a field day gnawing their way into the target and building nests. Unless you don't have a problem with those critters (or squirrels who bleed all over your porch :wink:) I would bring it in when you are not shooting it.

Seriously.....which Delta are you talking about? I'm not worried about space in a shed......it will live outside year round.:wink:

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts