Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should draw out an archery tag this year for zone 5, 3ppts, and i will be hunting in se marion most likely. curious if anyone has any experience in that area.

·
Registered
762 Posts
yes. that is where i live. you should have a good hunt. I am originally from Reserve Louisiana. Good luck and Geaux LSU Tigers.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the marysville area.

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
My buddy has a lease around Marysville. Great hunting! I turkey hunted the area once about 5 years ago and it was crazy! :eek:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in Mahaska county whuch borders Marion to the east. Its good hunting but not as good as an hour south west from me in Monroe county. You shouldnt be disappointed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well being in the se corner of marion we are awfully close to monroe. maybe a few big boys will cross over, lol.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I live in Mahaska county whuch borders Marion to the east. Its good hunting but not as good as an hour south west from me in Monroe county. You shouldnt be disappointed.

There are some huge deer in Mahaska County you just need to know where to go. There is even some public land that has a few bruisers walking around. Marion isn't any different. I think you are by the delta or sigourney area. There were 2 deer over 250 inches killed there in the past 2 years.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GoosebyFLuFLu;. Marion isn't any different. I think you are by the delta or sigourney area. There were 2 deer over 250 inches killed there in the past 2 years.[/QUOTE said:
thats good enough for me, lol.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i will be looking for anything in the 150-250 range, lol.

·
LSU TIGERS
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i had the opportunity to lease in monroe county, i had a choice of leasing around 350 acres in monroe compared to 825 in marion. both have a good bit of timber/crops/crp.

·
State With Little Bucks
12,100 Posts
There are some huge deer in Mahaska County you just need to know where to go. There is even some public land that has a few bruisers walking around. Marion isn't any different. I think you are by the delta or sigourney area. There were 2 deer over 250 inches killed there in the past 2 years.
Delta/Sigourney are in Keokuk County not Marion Co.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts