Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting an FX for the last several years - no real problems with it, it has been a good bow for hunting from treestands.

I'm just wondering if you guys think this bow is outdated now? Am I sacrificing a lot of speed compared to some of the newer bows? I'm shooting a 31" draw with a loop, carbon arrows and an overdraw, so it's still popping pretty good.

I was interested in the Switchback LD until I saw the price! :mg:

How do you decide when it's time to upgrade your bow?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The FX was my first bow and I hunted with it for the last five years until I replaced it with the Switchback. Killed my biggest buck to date with the FX. I had no real reason to get a new bow other than the camo wearing off the riser in certain spots. Other than that, it was a great bow, especially after I changed the factory string to a Stone Mountain string.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i have an 03 fx and love it. i put sims mini extremes on the limb bolts, sims ultra stealth limbsavers, sims s-coil, winners choice cable and strings with cat whiskers,and sims cable dampner. also a tr dropzone rest with the hush kit . i was at a 3d shoot next to a guy with a new switchback xt and he says" what the hell kind of bow you shooting? d**n that things quiet. he couldn't believe what it was when i told him. i put about 275.00 into the bow, but still much cheaper than a new xt and just as quiet now. it's fast quiet and very forgiving for me. so why spend 700.00 when my fx gets the job done

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
A friend of mine still uses his FX exclusively. I haven't hear a bow so quiet. Just whiskers on the string, and a vibracheck stabilizer, thats it. I had a chance to shoot it quite a bit as I replaced the string and cable, and changed the cam to get him in the #1 posts. His is a max cam. As far as speed goes, your FX is faster than the LD. The only thing you'll gain is perhaps is a smoother bow with a longer sight window area in the riser.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I had a FX & i really liked that little bow. It was good shooting & fast. I got mine because I wanted a really light bow to carry way back in the hills. I sold it but sometimes I still wished I had kept it as a backup bow. If you like it & it still meets your needs I woudl hang on to it, is it outdated? I don't think it is too outdated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts