Archery Talk Forum banner

Anybody know anything about this Rangefinder?

1356 12
A new invention of golf scope measures distance by using precise optics and digital technology. This digital golf scope measures distance from 50 to 920 yards with +/- 2 yards deviation if used correctly. It is a safe range measurement device that does not contain a high-energy transmitter which might harm or endanger objects in the distance measured.

The Ezonics Digital Golf Scope/ Range Finder is perfect for training to become a pro in golfing or using it to improve your game to the perfection at every fairway, bunker or teebox. It helps reduce strokes and guesswork of club selection.
This compact 5x magnification power golf scope/digital range finder will improve your game by measuring the range to the pin using two easy-to-use buttons.You can carry it in style with the included high-quality black leatherette belt clip case and hand strap.
It comes with two CR-203 Lithium batteries and a user's manual so you can get ready for the course in no time! It is backed by a one full-year warranty.

Features
Magnification 5X
Objective Lens Dia. 20mm
Eyepiece Lens Dia. 12mm
Focal Length of Objective 75mm
Exit Pupil 4mm
Field of View 7.5 degree
Eye Relief 16mm
Minimum Focusing Distance 7M (23Ft.)
Lens Coating MgF2
Indicator LCD display
Body Materials ABS plastics
Exterior Finishing Mat Silver
Power Two 3-volt Li batteries included
Shut off device Automatic
Dimensions 94 x 50 x 38 (mm) ; 3.7 x 1.97 x 1.5 (inch)
Black Ieatherette case Included
Soft carrying case Included
Net Weight 0.08kgs (2.82oz.)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
808 Posts
The fact that it states 50 - 920 yds. makes it pretty much useless for bowhunting, doesn't it? My Nikon is good 11 - 400 yards and will not give a reading on anything under 11 yards. Something to think about.

· Registered
238 Posts
Hey I'm all about saving a few $$.

I think (if it's reasonably reliable and accurate) it can be highly effective for spot stalkers, within limitations of course. Not so much for treesand hunters though. Keep us posted.

· Registered
238 Posts
Probably not, here's a review I found by a golfer:

"I didn't notice this in the description, but it gauges distance by the height of the flag. It's not very accurate, and I wish I had spent the money on a true laser range finder. It's hard to hold steady while you're pushing the buttons to make the little line scroll up or down, and it takes a while to get it right."

Now if you hunt on golf courses..............

· Registered
832 Posts
raceguy said:
Probably not, here's a review I found by a golfer:

"I didn't notice this in the description, but it gauges distance by the height of the flag. It's not very accurate, and I wish I had spent the money on a true laser range finder. It's hard to hold steady while you're pushing the buttons to make the little line scroll up or down, and it takes a while to get it right."

Now if you hunt on golf courses..............
Thats exactly how it works. Golf flags are a standard height. This measures the height of flagstick and gives you a corresponding yardage. The further away, the shorter the flagstick. Now if deer were all the same height, it might work(not).

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rangefinder

Must have a very intelligent chip to distinguish a flag pole from something else....say a fence post, a buck, or a bush. Right!! I think the user was doing something wrong. I think it may be good enough to spot check various objects and mark them before a prize buck comes along. I may just decide to try one out.

· Registered
182 Posts
This digital golf scope measures distance from 50 to 920 yards
I agree, this thing is pretty useless for bowhunting ... go look on ebay, I found a very nice Rangefinder for $70

· Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rangefinder

someonescop said:
I have one for golf, heres what they look like. Wouldn't work to well for hunting though.

Now it makes sense of how it works. I guess they are only good for golfers. Thanks for all the info, guys. Guess I'll follow Tinks advice and check out the Nikon and other lazers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.