Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a rangefinder but dropped it on concrete the other day and now it reads crazy. I was helping my dad the other day and told him about it, then told him how bass pro had a $160 one on sell for $119, just telling him b/c I thought it was a good deal. Well he calls me later that night and said he was going to bass pro and asked me if I liked that rangefinder. I said well yea and he oook. That's all I needed to know. Which means Christmas present almost 99% for sure. So I don't want to buy one when i'll have one in 3 months. I called my best friend to see if I could borrow his old bushnell like mine that broke and he put new batt's in and it's not working either. Season starts in five days and I have to figure something out. I"m not looking for a handout, just thought someone might have would I could borrow til december then I'll ship it back. If I break it I buy it. I have never had a negative feedback on anything and I promise you you'll get it back or a new one or money in return if I did happen to do something to it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what rangefinder is being sold for $119? I recently bought a Nikon 550 @ Walmart for $200 and I think it works great. I've not seen one sell new for less.

·
Registered
620 Posts
you dont actualy need a range finder. thats what judging yardage is for. why is everyone so lost with out a rangefinder?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bunch of them

Just out of curiousity, what rangefinder is being sold for $119? I recently bought a Nikon 550 @ Walmart for $200 and I think it works great. I've not seen one sell new for less.
Wildgame innovations has some cheap ones, but the one I was telling dad about was a bushnell sport 450. Also brunton has one for $140 I believe is what they are at the bow shop.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you dont actualy need a range finder. thats what judging yardage is for. why is everyone so lost with out a rangefinder?
I judge yardage all summer long at 3d shoots. Have for 10 years. But I have missed good bucks from judging short. Right under the belly sucks. I'd rather know the distance and not wound or miss deer.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
So you've had problems with Bushnell rangefinders and heard of practically everyone else having problems with theirs and now you're going to buy another? I betcha I can tell you why they're on sale for so little.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you've had problems with Bushnell rangefinders and heard of practically everyone else having problems with theirs and now you're going to buy another? I betcha I can tell you why they're on sale for so little.
Didn't know everyone else had problems with them. Haven't read into it.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
From what I understand they have a very poor track record. If you don't have the money then that's one thing, but, I wouldn't invest in something that is destined to break.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Wildgame innovations has some cheap ones, but the one I was telling dad about was a bushnell sport 450. Also brunton has one for $140 I believe is what they are at the bow shop.
I have a Brunton Echo, and it's a nice little rangefinder with a LIFETIME guarantee!!! I got mine on a "STEAL" of a deal from BassPro a little over a month ago, and it's well worth $150-200, especially with the lifetime guarantee!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they have a lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No do the bushnell's have a lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On amazon.com they have one for $130.88 with free shipping.

http://www.google.com/products?q=brunton+rangefinder&aq=f
I can get one $140 right down the road at the bow shop. An echo. But I don't want to buy one when i'm getting one for Christmas in three months. I was hoping someone would maybe have something like an old bushnell that they didn't use that I could borrow for hunting season. I have confidence in my judging but I want to know dead sure. I have a missed and unfortunately shot a couple of deer high(above the lungs) do to no rangefinder in the past. I am doing my best not to ever do that again as it is sickening to shoot an animal and know it is suffering b/c of your lack of prepartion. If nobody has one then I will just have to try to step off and tie ribbons on some trees. I put big rocks in one of my food plots all the way across it at 20 30 40 and 50 yesterday but it's a pain to have to do all that and you still aren't 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I will overnight mine to you. Its an older bushnell but it gets the job done. New battery just put in. PM me your address.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will overnight mine to you. Its an older bushnell but it gets the job done. New battery just put in. PM me your address.
Archers helping archers. This is what it's all about.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Way generous, what will you do if you bust his?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Why do people just fall apart cause they lost or broke their rangefinder, I bowhunted for 20 yrs without one, if your treestanding it, just pace off some yards and mark with flagging tape

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Way generous, what will you do if you bust his?
First off I would call bushnell and see if they can fix it for a price. If so then that's what will happen. If not then I will look for one on here to replace it with, or give him my new one. I will make it right for sure.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts