Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any body has maid any home maid grips for a bowtech.if you have let me know what you used to make it.and if you could post some pics to.:)

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I made a set of side plates for my 101st there a few months back...simple process if you have the right tools. I used Bocote wood, i think that's how it's spelled, and put a hard gloss finish on it when I was done.. When i get home this evening i'll post a pic of them on here....

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks.is there some other grips that you could make to?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I made a set out of a broken shed. I split it in half and worked it down with a dremel tool. It was my first try, I got the shape right, but when I traced it out and then worked it down, I got it a shade to small. The color turned out a real nice bone white. When I figure out how to post pics, I'll put them up.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i aint never tryed that before.i say that would look cool.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I made a set for my Guardian out of antelope antlers, one side got a little to small around the top though. Kinda rough but I liked them, they stink pretty bad when you are cutting though.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id like to try that out but i dont have the antlers to do it.id like to see pics to.:)

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt.like to hear and see some more info and pics of the work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just built a set of side plates for my Old Hoyt Smoke, look awesome and was not too bad to do, used a chunk of ASH, real hard stuff by the way, sanded and filed, wittled and filed some more untill I had what I wanted!
When I get my camera I'll post pic's

·
Registered
23 Posts
i made some out cherry.. they looked good. cut them out with the jig saw then used the dremel to get then down to the right fit. They work aight but still not as good as the factory fit for me.. i could prob get them better if i took a little more time.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
them ideas sound good would like to see pics.:)

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man them are some realy nice side plates.:mg:

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ttt:thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
someone has to have some more pics? :dontknow:
Would like to see more
Im thinking about toying around with this too.

·
Banned
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with you to.:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts