Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the aftermarket strings available, is anybody having success shooting the factory strings that came with your bow?

I have a Parker Blackhawk and don't have the funds right now to upgrade strings.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
im still shooting bowtech factory strings and they rock! best factory string i have ever shot. H&M has a sale $55 a set...great strings.

just orders my 3rd set of prolines so im set for a bit:wink: great strings as well.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Yeap. Both of my bows have stock string on them. Reezen and Dren. LD:wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
i shoot a hoyt so idk how much help this will be to a bowtech owner but the factory strings on my bow are ok but i would much rather have some custom strings from one of the shops near me

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
+1 for Bowtech strings. Now that Bowtech is making strings for any bow by any manufacturer, I don't think I'll buy anything else in the future.

·
Registered
247 Posts
strings

My Mathews took a couple of days, my new PSE man every 10 arrows it moves and moves and moves after two yes two weeks of moving I gave up. was told to use one of those peep sights that has a rubber "which" would have cured the problem, just could do that never had too.......

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I don't understand how people spend big money on a new bow and change out perfectly good strings. And don't get me started with the " what color strings should I get " threads.
I shoot mine till they need to be changed.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
IME, BowTech has the best factory strings and I've never felt compared to swap them out for anything else. They are as good as anything I've used. No creep, no twist, no serving issues.

Hoyt's recent FUSE strings are FAR better than they used to be. I've had pretty good luck with them so far on my recent Hoyts. Used to be the only real pitfall buying a Hoyt-instant string swap was necc- not the case anymore.

Otherwise, I'll take custom strings, thank you very much :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't understand how people spend big money on a new bow and change out perfectly good strings. And don't get me started with the " what color strings should I get " threads.
I shoot mine till they need to be changed.
If you shoot a Bowtech your bow is delivered with a good string,but not all are. The last thing I would want with a new bow is to fight peep rotation and timing issues. Not all factory strings are "perfectly good" as you put it,just perfectly new. It is good to see some bow company's shipping bows with after market strings now,it's a win win situation for all involved.

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
bowtech has ( best factory strings )

on them don't think you can buy a bow with strings as good as theirs, i have 2006 tribute with same strings that came on it. and still in good shape with thousands of shots on it :darkbeer: taking care of strings is biggest thing to remember wax them with piece of leather to soak the wax in often this goes for any string

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
i don't know why people think a bow company with thousands to spend on r&d and equiptment can't make a set of strings.an someone in their garage with a piece of unistrut and a ratchet strap can build better:wink: . strings are not hard to build and a lot of people make super strings.an a lot of people throw perfectly good strings away because they read on Archery Talk they were junk:darkbeer:

·
Registered
703 Posts
PAHUNTER

Can you shoot me a PM and explain the leather method???

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i have bought some martins that the strings were not any good, the 2009 moab i got this year i can't find anything about the factory string to gripe about, a little peep twist at first, got that were i want and it stays, no stretch as of yet, timming is still correct. i think i will shoot it until it gives me some problems. i'm about to order a new set from H&M for my 2008 moab, the one that is on it is a custom string and is good i just want another color to match the the side plates i just made for it.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I get my Blackhawk back from Parker I am going to see how much the sring stretches and the peep rotates to see if I need to change. If there are no problems I will stick with the Parker.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
on them don't think you can buy a bow with strings as good as theirs, i have 2006 tribute with same strings that came on it. and still in good shape with thousands of shots on it :darkbeer: taking care of strings is biggest thing to remember wax them with piece of leather to soak the wax in often this goes for any string
Not any more!! The Pearson Team has taken the big string issue out of buying a new bow. The custom set is on it when you buy!! Just ask Wes @ Stage 1. Great strings out of the box! Bowtech does have good strings though.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I'm sticking with mine..the peep (which I have not even bothered to serve in) has never moved from the day I put it in when setting up the bow...gotta love that !!....cheers...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't understand how people spend big money on a new bow and change out perfectly good strings. [snip]
For one thing, Hoyt does not sell perfectly good strings with their big money bows. It shouldn't take 30 or 40 shots to settle a peep on a new string, and once set, the peep shouldn't move all that much during the year. But the last two Hoyt bows I've owned had that happen. Now that I use Vapor Trails, they seem to settle within 10 - 15 shots and the peep doesn't move after that.

I'm not happy with Hoyt's choice in strings on such high dollar bows, but they fit my style of shooting, so I buy aftermarket strings.

Sorry for another string opinion....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts