Archery Talk Forum banner

Anybody Shooting Factory Strings??

2K views 41 replies 38 participants last post by  jca 
#1 ·
With all the aftermarket strings available, is anybody having success shooting the factory strings that came with your bow?

I have a Parker Blackhawk and don't have the funds right now to upgrade strings.

#6 ·
+1 for Bowtech strings. Now that Bowtech is making strings for any bow by any manufacturer, I don't think I'll buy anything else in the future.

#10 ·
If you shoot a Bowtech your bow is delivered with a good string,but not all are. The last thing I would want with a new bow is to fight peep rotation and timing issues. Not all factory strings are "perfectly good" as you put it,just perfectly new. It is good to see some bow company's shipping bows with after market strings now,it's a win win situation for all involved.

#9 ·
IME, BowTech has the best factory strings and I've never felt compared to swap them out for anything else. They are as good as anything I've used. No creep, no twist, no serving issues.

Hoyt's recent FUSE strings are FAR better than they used to be. I've had pretty good luck with them so far on my recent Hoyts. Used to be the only real pitfall buying a Hoyt-instant string swap was necc- not the case anymore.

Otherwise, I'll take custom strings, thank you very much :)

#12 ·
bowtech has ( best factory strings )

on them don't think you can buy a bow with strings as good as theirs, i have 2006 tribute with same strings that came on it. and still in good shape with thousands of shots on it :darkbeer: taking care of strings is biggest thing to remember wax them with piece of leather to soak the wax in often this goes for any string

#18 ·
on them don't think you can buy a bow with strings as good as theirs, i have 2006 tribute with same strings that came on it. and still in good shape with thousands of shots on it :darkbeer: taking care of strings is biggest thing to remember wax them with piece of leather to soak the wax in often this goes for any string
Not any more!! The Pearson Team has taken the big string issue out of buying a new bow. The custom set is on it when you buy!! Just ask Wes @ Stage 1. Great strings out of the box! Bowtech does have good strings though.

#14 ·
i don't know why people think a bow company with thousands to spend on r&d and equiptment can't make a set of strings.an someone in their garage with a piece of unistrut and a ratchet strap can build better:wink: . strings are not hard to build and a lot of people make super strings.an a lot of people throw perfectly good strings away because they read on Archery Talk they were junk:darkbeer:

#16 ·
i have bought some martins that the strings were not any good, the 2009 moab i got this year i can't find anything about the factory string to gripe about, a little peep twist at first, got that were i want and it stays, no stretch as of yet, timming is still correct. i think i will shoot it until it gives me some problems. i'm about to order a new set from H&M for my 2008 moab, the one that is on it is a custom string and is good i just want another color to match the the side plates i just made for it.

#17 ·
When I get my Blackhawk back from Parker I am going to see how much the sring stretches and the peep rotates to see if I need to change. If there are no problems I will stick with the Parker.

#19 ·
I'm sticking with mine..the peep (which I have not even bothered to serve in) has never moved from the day I put it in when setting up the bow...gotta love that !!....cheers...:darkbeer:

#21 ·
Love my Mathews Drenalin but not impressed with the string

The stock Zebra string on my 08 Drenalin has stretched twice to the point that the bow went out of tune, anchor point was messed up, peep twisting, etc. Had to get it retuned. Fortunately I have a new aftermarket string on the way now.

#22 ·
I decided to try the original strings on my 2009 Hoyt Vantage Elite before switching to the custom I otherwise shoot. So far I have had no need to change. There has been no peep rotation or reason to do so. Now when the strings do show any wear, I will put on H&M strings like I use on my other bows. I was pleasantly surprised though with the original strings.

#28 ·
still shooting my bowtech/diamond strings....awesome string. actually asked about replacing them and was told by the shop not too....said they are great strings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.