Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
barebower
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's saturday 6.15pm here. no club shoot at our club this weekend so as we have a key to the gate of our grounds we went out to our practice butts and shot about 60 arrows. only a few minutes drive out into the bush from here. early start tomorrow, doing about a 70km drive to grafton to shoot that club's 3d. 20 3d animal targets with the round of 20 repeated if you wish. never been to that club's shoot before but it's always great to shoot in a new location or really any where when your'e not the one helping cut, mark and set 3d ranges. supposed to be a few finger shooters at that club too.

anybody else shooting this weekend?

have a good one.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I be shooting in the annual Dogwood shoot in Roanoke, Va tomorrow. Hope my marks are good. The only thing I shot was an 80 and a 20 and put them in AA.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
if I can get away from work , gonna try a 3D with my hunting bow , tore my X8 down and wont have my eXceed till tues , so I will be dusting off the hunting bow ....... talked with the guy setting the course up and jokingly said to keep it short .......... well , thats just what he is gonna do ...... with small targets at obnoxious angles .......... maybe shoulda asked for a longer shoot :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
3d

I shot a 60 target shoot yesterday with my hunting bow and fingers. I still had my broad heads in the quiver. I was set up for Turkeys and decided that I was ready for my LD so just resighted and shot my hunter. I did well for me 8.5 per target and no misses. I have to change my sight it was really messing with me.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
if I can get away from work , gonna try a 3D with my hunting bow , tore my X8 down and wont have my eXceed till tues , so I will be dusting off the hunting bow ....... talked with the guy setting the course up and jokingly said to keep it short .......... well , thats just what he is gonna do ...... with small targets at obnoxious angles .......... maybe shoulda asked for a longer shoot :)
Took the hunting bow out today , nice blend of targets , nothing easy , but nothing hard either , all tho the shots were set up plenty tricky , didnt shoot bad but could definately been better , shot 488/500 counting 10s , counting 12s shot 518/500 , 18 up ........... but :embara: , I hunt with a release , yes I am hanging my head now :eek:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Yeah, I have an eighty in my yard that's flat as a pool table, but I can't get motivated to get serious until I get on a range....I think I may have shot my last round with fingers today.

·
barebower
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i shot 30 3d animal targets at another club yesterday. 3 ranges of 10 targets. 1 arrow per target (scoring 10 8 or 5). a poor start with 49, 2 misses, then 75 for the second range and 83 for the 3rd- no misses shot unsighted with fingers, unmarked distances max 30 yards.

encountered the small green dinosaur, and a few other targets for the first time. there were plenty of signs of bandicoots about. they are nocturnals which like to dig holes near the shoot pegs. the 4 of us finger shooters got to take all of our arrows home in one piece.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Yeah, I have an eighty in my yard that's flat as a pool table, but I can't get motivated to get serious until I get on a range....I think I may have shot my last round with fingers today.
Gus , whats got ya thinkin that way - about not shootin fingers anymore ?? I know , for myself , muscles arent as young as they used to be , this year for the very 1st time I can tell that old age is creeping closer , weights that I used to pull one finger are now a struggle , still planning on shooting more fingers than release , I guess time will tell ........ but , in all reality , whatever it takes to keep having fun and keep shooting , I know I will until I am unable to draw a bow any longer

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I'm just not having much fun shooting. This clicker is killing me. If I shoot enough holding weight to get a good release, I'm wore out in a hurry, and shooting a field round, I shoot a lot of lousy shots at the end.. I think I'll shoot this C4 Mathews I bought with a hook for a while. I've shot this sucker all day, and I kinda like it..... Time will tell....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts