Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, what'd you think? Is it as advertised?

Been shooting the practice heads for about a month and love the way they fly. Love the concept of the blades deploying from the rear too. Just having a hard time making that switch from Thunderheads to mechanicals.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
on my last hunt for elk, the guide only allowed fixblade broadheads or rage mechanicals, no other mechanicals if that tells you any thing. several hunters were shooting them. infact, only me and my dad were the onlyones shooting fixed blades!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think they're great. I can definately see a difference in aroow flight compared to my fixed blades, and the entry and exit hole is ENORMOUS!!!! I shot a doe that went about 20-30 yards, and it looked like a river. here's some testimonials off the website http://www.ragebroadheads.com/testimonials.html

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I posted this yesterday, be carefull with these things, they cost me a nice 6x6 bull elk, the blades will open real easy if you bump them or if they catch comming out of your quiver, I had one either open or was open when I shot and it was like an F-16 doing a split s, I missed the bull by 4 feet to the right, if you take one with the blades closed and spin it between your two hands the blades will pop out, I do shoot quickspins so maybe that is the problem, the practice heads fly great because they can't open, I went back to my Nap spitfire XP pro's and they worked great, I'm sure the rage's work great for most, but just make sure the blades are closed.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Has anyone else had the blades open before impact, or open by simply spinning them in your hands? One would think that if merely spinning them in your hand would cause them to open, then every one that was shot from a bow would be open in flight and it would have been noticed before now. I realize that the quick spins cause more rotation of the arrow, but would it cause this head to open in flight?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts