Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the 3-D tournament season is winding down does anybody have any hunt’n trips planned for this fall? I’ll be leaving in 5 weeks for an elk\deer hunt in Montana. I’ll be there for ten days I can’t wait! There is nothing like having a bull elk in bow range bugling!

Let's hear where you are headed.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I'm headed to Okinawa Japan at the end of October. I've got a 3 year trip planned. We plan to hunt foam targets, Habu snakes and Banana spyders:D I hear there's also some Pope & Young mosquitoes over there too:D

·
74,535 Posts
Ohio Bowhunting

Hopefully my friends from Ohio are coming once again to Oklahoma and I plan to guide them and have great time once again with them. I hope to go there in Nov. to hunt for a week.
We swap hunts and so far things have been great. One thing for sure is we will have good time here in Okie land.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
The wife and I are leaving a week from tomorrow to go to " antelope city", the finest antelope hunting in Nebraska. Private ground, about a kazillion acres, and then some! About 1000 acres of alfalfa with a creek, stock tanks, natural water holes and places to hunt from tree stands IN alfalfa fields. Seen a few nice mullies there also, can't wait:D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My brother and i are going to new mexico to hunt some bulls! Maybe pick up a mulie tag in case we get one in bow range.
The old man was all lined up to hunt Illinois but the tags sold out before he could snatch one up!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its time to put down my 24” AEP stabilizer, CBE Micro Lite, and CX 3D Select Shafts. And pick up my 10” Kyber Shock stabilizer, fixed pins, and broadheads.

Anybody hunt’n with a movable sight? Do you ever not have enough time to adjust it for yardage?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Going to Illinois Nov. 11-15 should be a great week. Put in for a gun tag also but don't know if I drawed.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I cant afford a trip too far, so I will be hunting Elk, White tails, Mulies and Black bear here in Montana. Opens on the 6th.:D I am just glad I live in the Rockies.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
we r going to colorado the last week of september to chase elk in great rocky mnts what part of montana do u hang out in hollow?

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,901 Posts
Headed to southeast Ohio again the 2nd week in November! It is always a good hunt!
Hollowpoint if you just feel the need to hunt far from home I'm game to swap out with you! You can hunt here in Georgia or I'll take you with us to Ohio!
And watch out for that DryFire dude! He is nothing but trouble!!! What's up Clay?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Yup, I'm planning a huntin' trip to Alberta :D Hey I'm already here! Antelope, moose, wtd, md, elk & bear planned for this fall. That many tags I'm sure to see somethin' legal :D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Dryfire, I live 20 miles outside of Bozeman. I hunt elk in the canyon above my house, in a spot about 3 miles out of Jellystone. White tails on the Madison river, Mulies wherever I see em' and my Bear spot is a secret.:D BowChillin I would love to be able to go huntin' with you and to see Georgia, but I am financially embarrased right now.:( Have a Good Season Everyone.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Staying here in Iowa this year for those cornfed whitetails!!!

·
Bonehunter
8,859 Posts
Yep , heading to Illinois Nov. 2-9 and hunt sw ohio for big whitetails.:D

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Hopefully I'll be taking a trip to the taxidermist this fall!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hollowpoint

I'm headed to my uncles cabin outside of Wilsaw, are you located near there?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry Hollow it is Wilsall. Have you been seeing any Elk activity? I hunt with Jerry Olson, Elk Creek Outfitters.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
There are always elk over there.:) No Grizzlies either. I usually go for Elk southeast of there where there is more public land. Is your hunt on public or private? Do you know the unit # you will be hunting in?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jerry has some leases and we hunt the public area next to my uncle’s cabin. We have done really well at both areas in rifle season over the last four years but we haven’t taken any elk in archery season yet, I hope to change that this year!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts