Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed they changed the design, to using little brushes to hold the arrow in place. If you have the old design, they will update yours for free. Pretty cool.

Kinda like Golden Key sending out new Whisper Disks to owners who had the old style, the news one are much tougher.

Can't beat these two companies service!

I'm gonna try one or the other. How do you like it if you have one of either?

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Good question, I was thinking about buying one of these as well. They look awesome to me... no strings or moving parts. However, I did a search and read some mixed reviews. Maybe these things are performing better since the design change??? Anyone...

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I shot it on several BowTech bows for about 3 months. Good quiet rest but never could get it to group as well as the ......ugh..............WB. :-(
For hunting though it will make a great rest that's pretty much fool proof.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys,
I got one of each coming. Both companies are sending the "updates" because both the ones I bought were the older styles. The Disk and the 360. I'll let you all know how I like 'em.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I personally do not care for my 360. Ive had it now for about 5 months, It doesnt hold the arrow quite as well as they claim. Using some arrows they can be a little low. If you shoot different types of arrows you will have to retune everytime if they are different diameters. I just bought a dozen Easton Axis's and it threw my bow for a loop! I usually shoot Maxima 350's. Id like to get a good dropaway.
Steve

·
Registered
402 Posts
I love mine because it hold your arrow like a Wb but no fletching problems like a Wb. great for hunting anyways I dont know if i would want it as target rest.

·
Registered
177 Posts
But you have to use straight fletching with it, Id like to have a slight offset, i end up refletching 80% of arrows i buy. At least with a WB you can just use a hairdryer and fix most of your fletch problems.
Steve

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
I have been using the NAP 360 Capture rest on my Ross. In my opinion , it's a far superior rest over the whisker biscuit. When tuned properly It will function and hold your arrows just as well as the biscuit.

StevenJ said:
If you shoot different types of arrows you will have to retune everytime if they are different diameters.
This is a benefit over the Biscuit. With a Biscuit you would have to buy a new Biscuit Quick Shot kit to accept different diameters.
The most notable advantage to the 360 is the fact that there is no fletching contact.
I will admit that the 360 is a finicky rest to tune properly but once you find that sweet spot there is no other full containment rest as good.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
To me tuning is part of the fun. It's not a race, My Bengal will have a 360 on it Monday night. I agree far superior to a WB.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The 360 works for me, the only drawback is having to adjust the little brushes when going from carbons to FMJ's. I use straight fletched Blazers, I can't comment on off set fletchings. NAP did send me the brush kit for free along with some self adhesive felt to upgrade the rest from the steel prong old style, I thought that was good on there part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts