Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use deer cane and they will dig one heck of a whole as long as you keep it active!

·
Banned
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Red said:
Is deer cane the stuff you mix with pond water then pour in ground?
yes, you can pour it on ground dry but it doesn't work good that way!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I just put the block (deer cane) on the ground...nothing...they havnt touched it yet but i havnt checked in about 3 days so idk only got one rain fall since i put it out..whats a secret to activate it better?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe it has something to do with what kind of soil you have it in. I put out several spots last year. One got absolutely tore up and the rest weren't hardly touched. The one that was tore up was in a hard clay soil and the rest were in some other type of dirt. I went back a couple of weeks ago to freshen up this spot and they are still using it almost a year later! Definately mix with pond or creek water and pour on the ground. I don't think the blocks or pre-mixed stuff works near as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Search C'mere Deer, I don't have time right now to explain but you can read some of my previous post.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Whitetail Institute makes a product called "Magnet Mix" that works very well
and doesn't seem as soil type critical. Just shake the jug and pour into a cleared out spot on bare ground.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I used that new Honeysuckle flavored stuff. It is Deer cane with some vitamins and protien mixed in...it worked great for me!- :wink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used both the Deer cain liquid and powder last year. The deer are still digging where I put the liquid last year, but they never touched the powder. I think it made a difference that I put the liquid next to a pond and the powder was away from water sources.

I am trying C'mere deer this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts