Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting one on my XT. The evalution on here had the G5 looking about middle of pack. What do you guys and gals have to say that are actually putting them to use.
Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have one on my Ross, and I love it. The movable pin is an awesome feature. Make sure you lock everything down when you have it sighted in. My set up is extremely quiet.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
There can be some noise issues

if you don't tighten the light screw on top when you shoot. I had a real hard time with the "twang" noises until I figured out what it was. Since then I just tighten the light knob on top when I shoot. No twangs anymore. I also like the adjustable pin.

Daver

·
Team 11
3,002 Posts
I love mine! No noise issues here--mine was quiet out of the box. The adjustable pin is a dynamite feature! I can now extend my practice sessions to 70 yards. My groups have really tightened up. Seems like a well built sight. As you can tell I am a fan...

Virgil

·
Registered
293 Posts
I did not have the ME version,but i had the SE version.The sight looked great but it made so much noise i returned it to my pro shop.He was not suprised he said he had three in and all three were returned due to a noise issue.Maybe the ME is better.Good luck but I'll stick to my hoggs...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I had a LE and it had a twang, sent it back to G5 for a ME, had a twang too. Got fed up....bought a spot-hogg. I don't want to have to mess around with making sure the top screw is tightened just perfect or I might get a twang. I think a lot of the twang comes from the sight being made from magnesium. it is so light that it is like it has no density, causing it to vibrate and twang. I like G5 products overall, but this sight needs more engineering!

Keep your reciept!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts