Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have never used that, but I have a friend that gets the underbody coating that you spray on your car to quite it down. He sprays it on all his tree stands but does it early so the smell has time to disburse before he hangs it. It sure keeps the chain quiet. He usually buys it at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
You can also buy special "grip dip" at the hardware store. It is desinged for tool handles and doens't smell nearly as bad as the truck bed stuff, but it isn't quite as durable either.

That tape is interesting. I am always hesitant of stuff like that though for fear of what happens to it when it gets wet. Might get slippery. :eek:

LOL, somebody beat you with the LW stick too huh. :D Hey, I own a LW and I prefer my Loggy if that makes you feel any better. ;)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
What do you have against lone wolf tree stands?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it might get slippery, but I could but grip tape on the standing surface.

I was also looking at some different types of adhesive-backed rubber films.

That dip stuff, can you mix something in it to make it have more grip?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have anything against them. I am just tired of anytime someone tries to talk about a summit, people jump in and say how great they are. They may be quiet, but if they are not comfortable, they're worthless to me. SOme people say they are comfortable, but I have sat in them, and I couldn't stand it for five minutes.

If you have one and you like it great. I have a summit and I like it.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
It would be easy enough to add some sand, never tried it though. Wouldn't be much different than making tennis court latex paint that you add sand to when mixing to increase or decease grip.

·
Registered
759 Posts
silverback said:
http://www.deerhuntinggear.net/camo_tape.htm

wondering if anybody has used it, and if it works at all.

I don't want to hear anything about lone wolfs.
I put this tape on my Summit climber.It does help to deaden noise and makes a slip resistant surface.It is an adhesive backed high density foam about 1/16" thick with a cordura type camo on one side.The only problem I had was with the adhesion to the stand.The tackiness of the glue stinks.It was coming undone as fast as I put it on.A simple fix was to wrap some camo cloth tape over the foam tape in a few spots.Who knows maybe I received a bad batch of the stuff :confused: :D.Otherwise it worked as expected.Good luck :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I know I'm not supposed to say anything about Lone Wolf (I really don't care what kind of stand you use), but I use the black rubber stuff that is for dipping tool handles in on my Lone Wolf stick sections, it really helps quiet them down if you accidently bang them together. I use an old paintbrush to paint the stuff on, but it should be done well before season opens.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'd guess a week or two, to completely get rid of the smell. It takes a couple of coats ot the stuff with a paintbrush. Use an old one or a cheap one, it's shot when you're done with this project. I've also used it on the platform of the stand and on the seat "riser" section where the 2 come together when you fold it up, really quiets things down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts