Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get some input on the Under Armor "rut" suits. Ive always been an avid Scent Blocker user, and am looking to try something different. The "rut" suit looked appealing to me. Curious if anyboy has info on how it fits, quietness, warmth etc. Their website doesnt give too well of info on the product. Thanks in advance,

Brien

·
Registered
945 Posts
Its quite, good fitting and pretty warm. I havent wore mine much but i like it so far. I dont know if the scent control works but i got it for a good deal so it doesnt matter to me. I still play the wind.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Own it and love it. I use it late season with my 4.0's and it does its job. The hard shell fleece battles burrs and stick tights like a champ. 330 weight inner fleece you can't go wrong. The integrated range finder chest pocket is real handy. One of my most fav parts of the jacket is the sewn in mesh pockets on the kidneys for your hot hands packets.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Forgot sound. I drew my bow in a no wind situation on a doe at 10 yards last year wearing the jacket in late season- was more worried about my bow making noise than my jacket. Hard shell fleece is deadly quiet.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I don't own this particular suit but I have other UA outer garments and have found them to not be very warm nor block the wind, when compared to other brands and for the price. Having said that I love their baselayers. Take a look at Bass Pro tundra fleece it's priced well warm and blocks the wind without the bulk.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Got this suit this season and loved it. Warm, quiet, and dry. Worth the money to me, that's for sure

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just picked this jacket up at the end of last season, so I have only wore it twice. The coldest I wore it in was 28 degrees and had no problems 4 hours on stand. Keep in mind I had two layers under the jacket, first layer was my Sent away Tech4, then my Rocky thermal sent IQ, and last the UA Rut Jacket. I really like the fit of the jacket, nice and snug yet enough room for my layers. It is quiet, plenty of pockets, and I like the heat pack holders at the kidneys. I have to admit if I had not found this jacket for 99 dollars new I would have never bought it without comparison shopping. At it's regular price of 169.00 I would look at others just to compare shop not saying this jacket is bad at it's regular price, just saying at 169 you need to check all the options out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts