Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started carrying mine in a soft case. I place it on a hook in the tree on the backside. It especially helps from when im climbing down after lowering everything. Bark gets on everything from climbing down.

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,625 Posts
Mine does not see a case from start of season, till end of season. Thats five months long. why bother in the woods , hate to carry water, knife, flashlight,harness,ect,ect... :darkbeer:

· Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hunt my way to my stands so my bow has to be ready at all times. My second biggest buck, 172" I shot while going to my stand at 1:30 in the afternoon

I carry so much stuff it would be hard for me to do that. I dont even know if i could draw comfortably with all that on my back.If i had a permanent stand i would. I walk about a mile in and probably have 30lbs of gear including my stand.

· Banned
2,866 Posts
no!

· Registered
6,153 Posts
I carry so much stuff it would be hard for me to do that. I dont even know if i could draw comfortably with all that on my back.If i had a permanent stand i would. I walk about a mile in and probably have 30lbs of gear including my stand.

I understand. I use little loc on stands. They only weigh bout 7 lbs. I canput them up and take them down very fast and can shoot with them on my back. The big buck I killed though I didn't have my stand. I was going back in to hunt after dinner and had the stand already hung from that morning

· Registered
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got way too much stuff to carry already.
Me too.In my pack i have

Food
water
Limb saw
phone
GPS
3 treesteps
rain gear
harness
hoist rope
toilet paper
batteries
2 flashlights- 1 regular and a small LED headlamp
thermacell with replacements
2 releases
medicine -standback,immodium ad

Think thats all.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
I keep mine in a soft case untill I'm up in the tree, then I fold it up and stick it up against the tree on the bottom portion of my climber. I've heard to many horror stories of guy's getting up in their stand only to find out they didn't have a pin left on their sight because it snapped off on some brush, or have the quiver and arrows get caught on some brush or branches when your pulling it up the tree (been there done that) and have to climb back down to untangle it. But the absolute best part about it is if you are a little late getting out of the woods ( if you have to wait some deer out), the warden can't bust you for having an uncased bow after hours!

· Registered
14,752 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts
No soft case for me. Just think about all the sent that soft case can hold.
The bow is a tool. I take care of my tools but if they get scratched it's only a tool. As for the cams I do use a primos bow sling. It helps while raising and lowering the bow to the ground.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.