Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone creep tuned their pro 40 dually?I thought I might get some advice to make this a bit quicker and easier before I start playing with mine. My cams are timed perfectly as far as both stops hitting at the same time however while shooting if I intenionaly creep just a little the arrow will go 8 to 10" high at forty yards. Also has anyone found their pro 40 dually hard to paper tune? This has me puzzeled because I consider myself to be a darn good bow mechanic and have always been able to get a decent paper tear and I just can not seem to figure this one out. I am getting a low right tear and it does not seem to matter where I move the rest. I used a lazor center shot tool to start with.I got a right tear. I then moved the rest as far left as it would go, to where it was obivously out of line... still right hand tear. I did the same thing to the rest again except to the right this time.... still right hand tear. Iam using a trophy taker rest however I have tried two different rests with the exact same results. I thought maybe it was the arrow spine, which btw is the reason I wanted to paper tune it in the first place because I am trying out some new Arrow Dynamics line jammer arrows and I know the duallys like a little stiffer arrow. So I tried different arrows, from Acc 3-39 to super stiff 2613......same results, right hand tear. And the final thing, I am 99.9% sure my grip is torque free but I still played around with that for a while.....and still tearing right. I am not overly concerned about this because I have been shooting the bow really well but being an engineer I just have to figure this out:)

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Creep shot goes high twist cable attached to bottom cam. Twist the top if the shot goes low. The nock travel is probably off causing all kinds of tuning problems. Try setting the cams so if you measured a spot on them to the string the top is about a 1/16 further than the bottom.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Zero, I agree with Ean, I have been playing around with double cams for years and I would have to agree with him. Good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Me too!

I'm right there with you Zero. I'm getting the same thing and I too normally have no problems getting great paper tune out of my bows. The crazy thing with mine is, when I first set it up it shot anything I put in it with a bullet hole. That included about 6 different arrows total. CXL's, ACC's, GT's, Arrow Dyn, etc. I put several hundred shots through it and reset everything with a few twists. I've now found that I get a consistent right tear (around 1") with every arrow and every adjustment I can make (spine included). I've tried changing my grip as well as having the local Bowtech dealer shoot it and the tear is the same. It has me baffled and I have yet to make any sense of it. I just haven't let it bother me and I am winning with it (locally of course;).)

This is a group out of it after I changed back from ACC's (for FITA) to my CXL's (3D). This is how it generally shoots for me when it's calm and I'm shooting pretty well (and usually while training:). So I'm really not loosing any sleep over it but it does not make much sense. I would think I would have had to really change something to impact the paper tears that much. This is at 50M.

On the creep tune: 1/2 twist to each yolks going to the bottom cam brought me down from 6-7 inches high on the creep shot to consistently inline with the shots from the wall- at 50 yards. So it doesn't take much adjustment. Hope this helps you some. Let me know how things are going and if you figure this paper tear thing out.

-Chief

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
This is weird............

Last week just for giggles I shot mine through paper. I usually don't worry about paper but when I switched to ACC's my groups opened up.

I have the EXACT same tear! Tried all arrows from cx200 thru 2613 with same tear.

I found out I had a bunch of out of tolerance ACC's which was the grouping problem.

We figured it must be the cam lean that causes the right tear. I also moved my rest out to almost an inch and quarter from the riser before the paper looks tolerable. Grouped terrible, but the paper looked ok.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
TAP, I can't help ya with anything, but just curious how you checked the ACCs.........I remember Jimmy Butts at the vegas seminar saying something about the points, and them having to be seated PERFECTLY or they'll shoot all over the place......I think he was talking about ACCs, but I could be wrong. Just curious, and wondering if you've ever checked that out. I'll listen to the seminar again, and see if I can find out.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Grant-

The points are fine in these arrows, I put them through a spinner and you can actually see the wobble in 5 of the twelve. I guess I just got a sour bunch! :(

I used the 70 grain nibs directly Easton and they fit real tight so I really doubt there is anything wrong with the points.

Once I figured out which arrows were straight, they shoot and group perfect. No complaints on the straight ones, just the wobbley ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts