Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing anything exciting. Seems a little slow. I just added externals to one of my Fuji A610. Converted a Fuji J10 to ir , but no board to run it yet. I just put out a DXG-567 in ir out Saturday. I just built a Sony s600 in a Otterbox 3000. I am waiting on some Kit 98 for that DXG-567 and a Jazz. I also finished a sony s40 build Friday. I won a Fuji f40fd on ebay several weeks ago. He just sent me a non paying complaint. I checked my paypal and he was paid and the transaction was completed. Not sure what he is up to. I have found when something like this happens it is usually a scam.

·
Registered
116 Posts
building slow

Good morning Buckshot. I have just finished my 1st S40 build using a yeti board. I really enjoyed that. Now, I am starting on camera number 2. I have another one after that to do. I managed to get the 2 S40's off ebay at decent prices. Also got a P31 but after looking at it, I decided to keep it for viewing cards in the field. I managed to find a couple of the ribbon cables that you slide into the S40 so I dont have to solder on the little block. That makes it alot easier. The way things are going here with building, I dont know how many I will build. Every one likes them when they are done. I may end up selling a couple to finance my new hobby. It gives me something to do in the off season now that I am retired. And , after having two back surgeries and not being able to lift very much weight( or do much of anything else) it gives mea hobby that doesnt require alot of strength. They are not heavy to lift or roll around. LOL
Ebay can be your friend or your enemy. I have a 100% rating on there but not without controversy. I have had complants from people who just didnt pay and then said that I didnt ship the item. One was even on a pick-up only item.
OK, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Shoot straight.:BrownBear:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Things are winding down. Just putting the finishing touches on the 3D finish on my security boxes. All cameras are in at home getting final check before being deployed about 100 miles away. I won a couple more S600's on Ebay. Got them for $50.00 ea. with shipping included. One is mint condition. I think I am starting to get the hang of bidding on Ebay. (The key is what Buckshot recommended, "Patience"). May wait and run my first four homebrews I built this winter to see if I have any likes/dislikes before building the other two S600's.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Iam finishing P41, P32 ,and S600 builds. After that, not sure what i will build.
I have too many builds as it is.:D

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be careful of the s40 sa

Be careful of the s40 sa. They are nice but they are also brittle. Just be gentle and everything will be okay. If you tug on them they will break off in the connector. I did that with with the first one I got from pix. You will like the s600. Nice trailcam camera. I like the yeti with the four wire hack on the the s600.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have been getting smoked on ebay. I want a P41 and another 600 but can't cut a break. Keep missing the good BIN. But when people are willing to pay 40 bucks for a broken cam? I will just keep waiting.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Finished up my first cam...P32 with BF trailmaster board. I put it out over the weekend and didn't get anything but the guys putting anhydrous on the fields.

I need another camera, I want to build a couple more!

Picture is a bit blurry...I'll post more when i get done adding camo to the box. Thanks for all the help and advice guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
One of the S600's I purchased for $41.00 was listed as broken. The lense cover remains open and would not close. It gets disabled anyway. The rest of the camera works great.

·
Registered
588 Posts
exciting ?

I don't know about you but ut was exciting for me. Sunday I put 2 units out in a little out of the way pond. When I went in to see if it was worth putting a camera there I flushed 7 Woodies. Now this small, I can throw a stone across it at any point. I drove a stake/board camera mount into the bottom behind a large rock where the first 5 flushed. The bottom is soft and the stake could be pulled out with out too much effort, but it was my only option. The water there was only about 6 inches deep. Then I waded and fought thru the muck to a little finger of dry ground out in the pond and found a stump at the waters edge that I could attach my camera under the stump about 3 or 4 inches above the water line. I could fasten it with a rope ratchet as this unit has eye bolts for attaching. All went well, I made it back to firm ground and started back to the road , when I realized I didn't turn on the last unit. I went back out ,turned it on and decided on a short cut back to the bank. I got stuck in the mud and wound up in the drink, water, mud and god knows what else ran into my hip boots till I got out. Air temp was 32 degrees when I headed out from the truck and it hadn't warmed up a whole lot when I went in. Luckily I had a change of clothes in my truck. When I got home I had to use the garden hose to wash the mud out of the boots and off my clothes before I could put them in the washer. I hope the ***** don't drown my cameras before I can get back to check them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lots

Lots of exciting things going on. We are rapidly trying to get completed product for all the cam builders along with all new Cameras, Cases, Infrared Led's boards and drivers. Keep an eye out!!

trailcamsupply . com

Rob

·
Do it in style!
2,241 Posts
nothing going on here, cash is a little low to buy the goods to start working on them. But I do have 2 p32s, w55, L11(broken LCD), Jazz. Basically I have everything I needs for all those except boards which is the most expensive. Kind of waiting on the new SnapShotSniper board anyways. Really want to start on the Jazz cause its something totally new for me, just havn't jumped in on it yet. Going to do IR with the Luxeon LEDS that bulltalk got for us on hags. Anyone do much with those leds yet? I havn't been keeping up with everything lately.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, but

Yes, but I changed the reflector. I went with a 44 mm lens reflector. Works real nice. I wish they were 3w. Gray Wolf you are more dedicated than me. I don`t think I would have done that in 32 degree weather. For all the effort I hope you get some fantastic pics. Yes the s600 broken cameras are priced very high. I can`t make myself pay more than $30 for a bad camera. I do think there will be some great things coming. TCsupply sounds like its going to be a great place to get trailcam supplies. I can`t wait until they get going. I think archerytalk is underused or not used at all by the trailcam parts suppliers. It will be great to have a company actually pay some attention to use. This is a huge forum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
New cases

Some of our new cases came in today... Very similar to the otter 3000 but all straight lines... We have another manufacturer's cases coming next week one the size of a 1060 and 1020......... We will not be using Pelican! what a story there!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i love the s40 shutter ribbons i bought from you these things are going to save some time and some tedious soildering. have 8 built working on 2 more s40's and im waiting for the new sss board i have 3 p32's ready to go in the 1010 case

1 - 14 of 14 Posts