Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always hunted out of a stand, but his year i bought a blind to hunt out of, i just hink that it ould be a lot of fun to shoot a deer with my bow out of a blind off the ground. anyone else going to do this??

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yep. Hate height's. Been hunting from ground all my hunting year's. 15 yrs.
Shawn F.

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Yep, in about 3 hours my son and I will be in my blind. I'll have the video camera and he'll have the bow.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, I hadn't planned on it til last night. Saw an absolute monster buck, well over 170. He came out of a bunch of tall grass and stunted cedars and crossed into a bean field. Now I'm gonn have to hunt from the ground, somehow..:wink:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
blind hunting

this year indiana has its frist youth hunting weekend. so i will be hunting out a of a blind for the frist time, but i will only have a cam corder my 11year old little girl will have the gun. i cant wait this will be her frist time hunting deer. took her out shooting and at 30 yds she is dead on with the 410.. just hope she gets a shot at one..

kennie

·
Registered
21 Posts
my girl's first day

my ground blind is up and ready. this will be my girlfriends first day in the woods. we have deer walking and feeding inside of twenty yards. for all who read this wish her luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have always hunted out of a natural ground blind and seen deer. A treestand seems like too much work for me, especially that early in the morning!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Blinds have their place, just like treestands. I do most of my hunting from a treestand, but I use a popup blind or natural blinds when there are no good trees or when I don't have my stand with me. I have killed several deer from ground blinds. It is lots of fun to be that close to a deer at ground level.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'll be in mine!

I always had good luck still hunting and hunting from a natural brush blind, will be using a pop-up this year. Found a nice setup spot this morning and 2 alternatives so I'm ready to go!

Jim

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I will be hunting out of a blind of some sort, either natural or man made. I just have to talk my hunting buddy into sitting still for that long. I think I can but he is a bit hard headed.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Jerry/NJ said:
Yep, in about 3 hours my son and I will be in my blind. I'll have the video camera and he'll have the bow.
WOW you really have to look hard to see your matrix. great set-up. Good Luck to you and your son.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm thinking about trying it this year at a certain spot. I am yet to shoot an animal from a ground blind with a bow. I'll bet it's a rush. I tried it once in the past and I didn't like the limited viewing from the ground. It was where and how I was set up though. Only time will tell if I can peel myself out of a tree stand. Those of you who shoot from the ground and out of tree, is there more of a rush one way or the other?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Is that a High fence that I see? Jerry stop hunting in those pens. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
First year in blind but I have taken deer from the ground before. I have my Matrix already to go. Just waiting for Oct. 1st.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts