Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this article after reading a post on another forum. I was bothered at the nonchalant attitude apparently displayed by a hunter who didn't seem to care 1) what his target actual was, and 2) whether or not he connected after the shot.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts. Maybe I'm out in left field, but if so, I think I'll stay there!:D

Here's the Link

Indychris

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i won't hunt with people like that they are dangerous as all get out. it's people like him that instead of making sure of hisshot just decided to turn it loose on another deer with no idea he had shot the first. wouldn;t want to be in that neck of the woods for sure
rob k

·
Registered
757 Posts
That is one sorry slob *** SOB. Guys like him are the reason I would never gun hunt on public land. You never know if one like him is just over the next hill. Also aren't his actions in this story Illegal. Here in Alabama we have some of the most liberal bag limits on deer in the nation but even here you can only kill a buck and a doe per day. Not two bucks in one day! I am certain that South Carolina doesn't allow two bucks per day. Also leave it to "Buckmasters" to print a crappy story like that. Hands down the most pathetic hunting organization in America.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Bad article. No taste. The guy actually bragged about the pathetic hunter he is. I'm glad I don't have any of these types in My deer camp.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My biggest nightmare while hunting...

is/are people like this looser. I'm in the military and have hunted around. While in Indiana I hunted private in Indiana & Illinois. But when I went to Alabama I had to hunt public land. It literally scared the hell out of me the people I saw down there hunting on the WMA's. I never hunted the WMAs, I ended up bowhunting Army Corps of Engineer land which was archery only...and I was a lot safer.

This guy just confirms my fears. What did he do? Shoot at 3 deer and never really got down to ensure that they were injured/hit?

Your right, I can't believe BM put this article in there mag or on their website.

What a pathetic hunter...if I can call him a hunter.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
What was he aiming at?

All I want to know is what the hell was he aiming at. He shot the first deer in the head, and it surpsied him. The second deer's antler was shot off fromt he first shot and it was paralyzed by the second one by being hit, WHERE?!

What a friggin moron this guy is.

Bo:mad:

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
all i can say is what a jackass:::i cant believe they posted the story on their website:::it just shows that there are still too many fools out there to feel totaly safe

Mike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bad Press.

This is the kind of press we don't need---bad. As if the anti-hunters need anymore fodder to use against us. I echo the sentiment, glad he's not anywhere near me when I hunt. Could you imagine if he had a bow in his hands?

·
Registered
40 Posts
man what a stinkin' hack, people like that should be banned from hunting forever.

·
74,535 Posts
Why on earth

Would any hunter tell that story and be proud. Sad but lots of guys just like him.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds like a no shooting idiot to me. First of all, he had to beat heck out of the door to set the alarm off. Second, his rifle must not have been zeroed at all to have shot at two deer and hit them both in the head when aiming elsewhere. This nut needs to say home and keep watching the football games and leave the hunting to safer people. If I had been that landowner, his welcome would have been worn out:mad:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think it was a tasteless article...first thing is I was taught if you miss...then stop shooting until you check yours sights to see if it was buck fever or your weapon......My granpa would have took a razor strap to me for that type of hunting....he did not beleive in wounding deer...period...no exceptions.......and that is what he taught me....I remember a man who had been hunting for about 15 years tell him that he got so excited when he seen a deer that it usually took him 3-4 shots to get him...Paw told him then he needed to keep his *** at home!!! Todd I know Alabama has a way more liberal deer season than most ...but in Ark. we are allowed 1 doe and 2 bucks period.....but we can take them all in the same day if we want to......So I guess its just a state to state thing.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I sent the vice-president of operations an email telling them how incredulous I was at their endorsing that type of hunting. The address is on the web site at the bottom of the menu.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think that was a hunting tale. The reason is How do you get a powder burn on an antler if your shooting from a distance?

We looked around and finally found the antler about 20 yards from the deer. It had a perfect half hole in it with fresh powder burns

I'm not claiming to be a forensic expert, but I have seen powder burn wounds..And you have to be pretty close, less then 4ft to have powder burns..

That guy was a moron, who fooled the editors into printing garbage...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Redleg400 said:
I think that was a hunting tale. The reason is How do you get a powder burn on an antler if your shooting from a distance?
That guy was a moron, who fooled the editors into printing garbage...
Powder burns? NOT! You know it and I know it, but will your neighbor know it who doesn't hunt? What would he think? And they DID PRINT IT!

·
Registered
548 Posts
it wouldnt surprise me if this guy wasnt drunk on stand. i know when i watch a bunch of bowl games i like to have a nice cold beer while doing it. im sure he indulged himself in a few as well. this is probably why he couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with an elephant. this is just poor judgement on the part of buckmasters to even consider posting such a story. it sheds poor light on hunters in general and on themselves for posting such crap.:mad:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts