Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Proud OIF Veteran
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the new roller guard installed on my CA and it seems to be eating the cables. Already have another set on order and the builder is putting .008 clear serving where the cable goes through the roller. The pic shows some of the issue I'm talking about, but it doesn't show the rest of the cable where it looks like there is fraying of the cable. Anyone else seeing this issue with theirs?

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have had that happen on a PSE Freak, which was not designed with the roller guard in mind. I think the cable angles had something to do with the rubbing. I ordered a new set of cables from 60x and had them served at that portion that went through the pulleys.

I have a CA34 and have not seen this issue. My first thought is that the string wax may have picked up some fine dirt that is abrading the fibers. I would remove the cables from the pulley and run a piece of non-waxed floss down their length to remove any wax and dirt. If you get some gunk off the cables you'll know that you found the culprit.

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,295 Posts
I served all my cables as soon as I got the roller guard just in case this would happen. I liked it so much I served the cables on my bows with cable slides too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I served all my cables as soon as I got the roller guard just in case this would happen. I liked it so much I served the cables on my bows with cable slides too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I once served my cables where they went through a slide, the cables cut right through that slide in a matter of days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts