Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone else still happy?

7K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  HORNS-A-PLENTY 
#1 ·
With their Chaos?

I have no plans of changing crossbows this year, see no reason to. Unless something magical is announced at the ATA show, there's nothing else I would rather have over the Chaos for an all around hunting bow.

Are there any changes any of you would like to see to the Chaos?

I could always use a lighter bow. :) Even though the Chaos is one of the lightest compounds currently on the market. I would also like to see a string stop although this would add weight to the bow so I'm not sure I would want a string stop that bad.

I would also like to see a sling alternative. And even though I don't need one, a new Aero scope with a lighted reticle would be nice for those that want them.

Let's hear your ideas. :)

#2 ·
Hi Clint- you getting your first Missouri ice storm?
I am very interested in trying a Chaos. The changes I am hoping for are string stops (don't care about the weight, it's light enough), about 20-25fps more speed, a lighted reticle and or a no scope option and let us do our own thing. The "no shoot let down" is very attractive to me, don't lose that option.

#3 ·
Had ice this morning and I guess we're supposed to get some tonight. Man St. Louisans freak out over ice and snow. :)

I agree about the string stops I suppose. The bow is light enough that I guess I would still take the string stops. You've convinced me.

Yes the de-cocking feature MUST stay. I will also add the stock must stay. Most comfortable stock I've felt on a crossbow. Also the mono-block arrow retention system is in a league of it's own IMO. But CAMX has room for improvement. :)

They currently have 175# limbs. I'm curious if they can narrow the bow up a few inches and bump the draw weight up to 185# and keep the same speed?

#6 ·
I have three crossbows I adore. The CAMX Chaos is one of them.

There are indeed some things on the way, but Ol Dave Choma is being tight lipped about whatever they may be..........

I'm not sure what he could do to the Chaos to make it better but I'm all eyeballs and ears waiting to find out.......

#8 ·
Got mine end of last year and didn't get any deer, but shot 4 this year and not will change. I was just wondering why, its light, quite, fast, none of my deer jumped from 6-38yds. I just love this thing.

Jim

#9 ·
Awesome! Congrats on the 4 deer. I couldn't hunt this year at all due to moving and starting a new job.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the Chaos is "quiet", but it's on par with just about everything else out there though. But to me all crossbows are LOUD.

#16 ·
I have a carbon elite tenpoint, a middleton 355SS and the camx. It seems when I hunt I aways grab the camx. I make stocks and love wood but there is very little other than the warmth and look of wood that I'd change on that stock. its the best stock I've ever held as far as just grabbing it with the handle hole near the butt. I keep grabbing by the forearm and it sits on your lap and does not seem to slide. Only thing like I mentioned is the look and warmth of wood stocks. The camx stock is cold to handle late season. I am torn on whether I should bother making a stock for it. I love my Camx.

#18 ·
I don't think they go to the ATA since they sell direct. So no "trading" going on.

Oh there is room for improvement on the Chaos. There are some things I don't like. For example I don't like the sling that comes with it (although I seem to be in the minority) and you can't add a normal rifle sling. I think string stops would be nice to cut down on some of the noise/vibe because it is not quiet.

But for me the good outweighs the bad. :)

#23 ·
I just sold mine the other day. Coming from a verticle back ground the Camx was my first xbow. The thing was deadly accurate and I liked almost everything about it. I have been thinking of trying a Vent. and I cant afford both so I sold her. Hope I did the right thing because the Camx was really dependable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.