Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to take my dad on his first ever turkey hunt and want him to have a good experience and at least hear some birds if not take one. This seems like a very affordable place and I just wanted to find a decent place to get him started.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My family owned that farm for about thirty years and I grew up hunting it. We sold it to the current owners. There have always been a lot of turkeys. I have several friends that have hunted it with the NWTF Jakes program and they always seem to get the kids on birds and at least have a chance to score. Lance Lyons seems to be a straight up guy! Haven't heard a single bad thing about him.

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I hate it that you had to sell your farm, but from the conversation I had with Lance he does seem to be a stand up guy. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to hunt there this spring. Next week is booked b/c Knight and Hale are filming a hunt there, but hopefully I cane pick a day and get out with my dad.

Thanks for the review. If I get a chance to go I'll be sure to report back.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I've hunted the National forest along Pads creek for 25 years. At one time it was loaded with deer and turkey however the last few years have been pretty slim. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts