Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone ever had problems from adding weight tubes?

302 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  aread
Just like the title says,has adding weight tubes to your arrows ever gave you any problems?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,827 Posts
I have never tried weight tubes, but I use Gold Tip screw in weight combo's. I love them for hunting, only draw back I have found is that I need to install my broadhead first, then scew in the weight. I shoot X-Weave Pro's and my insert must be just a tad short to have both BH and weight screw in all the way. The good thing is the weight kind of locks in the BH this way.

Ches.

· Registered
454 Posts
I tried tubes for my compound as well as my recurve. I never could get the arrow to tune consistently with the tubes in. The flight just never was as consistent as without. I suggest going with the screw in weights (if your spine is stiff enough to handle it) or just get heavier shafts.

· Registered
4,635 Posts
Never had any problems except in a 3-D target sometimes it would Kick My Nock out a Little. Flight was Fine. Put em in for Elk and well truthfully the guys out there told me it was a waste, I was shooting a 370 grain arrow before the tubes at 70lbs... After i forget what they weighed But Dang did they drop at 50 yards... LOL

· Registered
8,438 Posts
I tried them several years ago and found that they had a big variation in weight. As much as 30 grains variation over 6 tubes.

Hopefully they have gotten better since then.

Allen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.