Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have a buck that you know get killed on one of the TV shows by someone else? Like you were watching the show and realized that a buck looked awful familiar...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
No...but I don’t hunt high fence! . Just funning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
No, I haven't.
But, I was Christmas shopping yesterday and saw a full body mount piebald in a sporting goods store. It looked familiar. Turns out, it is one that was killed by my buddy a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .......................... no

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Yes, this year. Not a tv show but they put out a dvd every year. Can’t wait for the new dvd to see the hunt unfold. And it’s the farthest thing from a high fence hunt that you can get. Haha

·
Teniente D'Equipo Mongrel
8,170 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
10,574 Posts
Several times.

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,688 Posts
No, I haven't.
But, I was Christmas shopping yesterday and saw a full body mount piebald in a sporting goods store. It looked familiar. Turns out, it is one that was killed by my buddy a few years ago.
Awesome deer but I would have donated that mount to! Please tell me who mounted that deer so I never use them

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did that in reverse! A couple guys from Archers Choice filmed their guy miss a big buck and I shot him the next week. 14 points and 164”. The miss made tv and a dvd. Severe whitetail disorders I think. 26E66FBB-28F3-41D8-ADEA-F6ED6C62ED43.jpg

·
Registered
550 Posts
We had opposite happen. Lol. Back in 2011 was sharing piece property with a big group guys from Bighorn Outdoors. Seemed like nice guys but 2nd day muzz we both ended up couple hundred yards apart and dad/i ended up on their dvd that year. I'll tell story from dvd standpoint.. big 10 steps out and u hear camera man say u better shoot him bc other guys are linning up on another deer...camera crew shoots.. they both say "got him".. buck runs 50 yards and stops.. u hear another shot ;) and buck crumbles to ground. "Oh ****".... he/i exchage texts and realized what happens so 2 sets guys walk up to giant buck all knowing someone really going be disssapointed. We look deer all over and only 1 hole.. THANK GOD!. They were super cool and conceded. He called me that night and on big screen u could see they clean missed. The confusion did suck wind out of excitement for a little while but now we have a dvd of the hunt and dad got his first ever "big deer".. ohh. I had dislocated BOTH shoulders the week before falling through old barn.. made getting buck home fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some very cool stories!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts