Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this bow (Reezen 6.5) since I bought it back in 2009 and has thousands of arrow flung, both on the range and in the field. At the 3D range the other day tuning er up for the upcoming season and was still driving tacks. About 20 arrows in and BOOM! The string slipped off the anchor on the side of the limb. Bow is still under tension from the cable.

Attachments

·
Full Time Novice
7,172 Posts
Had this bow (Reezen 6.5) since I bought it back in 2009 and has thousands of arrow flung, both on the range and in the field. At the 3D range the other day tuning er up for the upcoming season and was still driving tacks. About 20 arrows in and BOOM! The string slipped off the anchor on the side of the limb. Bow is still under tension from the cable.
Would have scared the dirtiness out of me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It actually happened mid draw... I thought the bow ecploded

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
Did someone press it carelessly? Maybe left the string half on the cam peg?

Allen

·
Registered
49,550 Posts
Very obvious human error, you did not have it fully on the peg after you worked on it. No damage, it wasn't caused by torque.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You rolled the string off the idler wheel with hand torque and or improper idler lean..that made the string limp...the cable rotated the cam with a limp string and knocked it off the post.

At draw the cable holds 80% of the weight..then during the shot it transfers back to the string throughout the cycle..if the string goes limp by not being on the idler all the weight is still on the cable and fires the bows cam.

Yes I have seen it a few times over the last 20 yrs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts