Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just putting replacement blades on my heads, and two out of three I can't get the screw that holds the two blades in to come out. After fighting with them for about an hour, I grabbed one of the practice heads and took it apart, put the real blades on it, and it seems to work. Other than it being blue, does anyone know if there is any difference from the regular heads? Any reason I shouldn't use the practice head to hunt with?

·
Registered
377 Posts
this is a new one... haven't tried that but if you
send the old one back to rage and they will replace it for you

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I've seen it done on here before by a few guys. They are the same

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I think they are just Blue so you can distinguish faster hen you open the drawer that it is a practice tip.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Bringing this back up! I have 3 practice heads that I'm putting new blades on. They are exactly the same head as the real broadhead. Other than being blue of course. I had 3 in the garage that I had no idea they were the same for all of these years. LOL SWWWWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also weighed them and they are the same:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
My brother in law has a quiver full of the blue practice heads with blades in them. They work the same just blue.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
There were issues with the older Rage broadheads that had been shot and a person could NOT replace the blades due to the screws getting stripped from the impact, making them VERY DIFFICULT to replace the blades.
I believe they now use a "bushing" to protect the screw threads, but I am not positive about this.

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
Shhhh!! I like to keep this quiet, that way people will still give you their Rage practice heads.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I did it back when I used to shoot Rage. Works fine. Only need one practice head. Had about 8 of them. Mine always shot with field points anyway.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
A former member on another forum used real blades on the practice heads & killed a couple of does with them as well. If there was a difference the deer sure as heck couldn't tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts