Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone ever tried this?

520 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Buster of Xs
wondering if anyone has tried puttin a doinker (or anything else for that matter) in between the riser and a b-stinger? if so what size, the 3/4" or 1"?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Too heavy. Even the 1" could't hold it up. And the movement it would allow would totally negate the positive stabilizing effects of the B-Stinger. You need a solid connection from the stab's end weight to the bow with no wiggling. A Doinker in there would only allow the bow to torque without the stab moving. ;)

· Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well said. It would defeat the purpose of the bstiner. WHat exactly are you looking to accomplish if you dont mind me asking?
i dunno i dont have a doinker or a b stinger...just seems like some people said they wished it had some vibration dambining capabilities...guess i wasnt aware that the doinkers were that weak:confused:..so i guess max jax would probably be the only thing for this...if its even a problem?

· Full Throttle Baby
2,691 Posts
I had a b-stinger for 2 weeks, tried it on 3 bows and did not like the feel and sold it because of the lack of vibration dampening.
I have been building some different style heads that I have been experimenting with on numerous combinations of stabilizers and have found a combination that seems to be working very well for both. As soon as the weather improves a little and I can get outside to shoot I will have a better idea. ( hard to tell when shooting inside at 8-9 yards )

· Registered
862 Posts
Actually the B-Stinger does have some dampening capability. Below is from their website - click on the second FAQ on the home page.

2. What does the B-Stinger do for vibration?

The short answer is, it has Sorbothane (A synthetic material designed specifically to eliminate vibration) in the tube. The real answer is that by keeping the stabilizer bar both light and very rigid and placing the majority of the weight out near the end, your bow will no longer jerk violently in your hand when you shoot it. As a result you have a quieter shot and you can then focus dampening vibration at its source (i.e. the string, the cables, the limbs, and the cams).

Steve

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Antivibe is extremely overrated. It doesn't affect accuracy and isn't even felt with proper grip technique anyway. Take the most vibe-free bow there is, death grip it and take a shot. You will feel a jolt no matter what. This is where grip technique comes in.

Besides, why would somebody use a stabilizer, of all things, to kill felt vibrations? It makes no sense. Why let the vibration get generated at the harnessing and limbs, then allow it to travel to the riser/grip and THEN try to squelch them? It's too late....the vibrations already made it to your hand. Kill the bad vibes at the source.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.