Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Yes I have.. I had the same inquiry.. it’s great pulling the bow back, making it even easier to pull back with less stress on rotator cuff and shoulder ... then it get awkward with my anchor point and that’s why only the shooter will have to try it. You’ll have to buy it and try it or go to a pro shop and hope they have one... with my anchor point, the lever wouldn’t fit next to my face comfortably.

Mathews Triax 28.5/60
HHA Virtus
HHA Kingpin lite 3-pin
6” Mathews Flatline
Gold Tip Arrows

·
Registered
Mathews HalonX 70 Lbs 28.5 draw 670 grain gold tip single bevel Tuffheads
862 Posts
Got mine as soon as they came out love it !

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I had one, great for pulling the bow back, but as double0lx stated, I couldn't get my anchor right either. I even bought on for my wife at the same time, (mail ordered) and they are a lot bigger than they look. We sold them both.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had one, great for pulling the bow back, but as double0lx stated, I couldn't get my anchor right either. I even bought on for my wife at the same time, (mail ordered) and they are a lot bigger than they look. We sold them both.
Is the problem of not getting your anchor point right due to the size or some other factor?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Really like mine but I ditched the wrist strap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I shoot one with a wrist strap and really like it. I use my middle finger on the trigger and use back tension to get it to fire. The thumb post has me intrigued. How do you fire yours?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
I've tried it different ways but I draw it back and with the thumb barrel I can easily rotate the release as it is designed and shoot it with my index finger. Just like hooking it to the dloop and letting it hang like a thumb release. Can't get comfortable with a thumb release with heavy hunting clothing on so this works great for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There isn't a shop that has one any where close to me, so to try one I would just have take the leap and buy one. I've put off doing that so far, but I may take the plunge and just sell it if it won't work for me. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I own one but don't use it...As noted above it certainly makes drawing easier and smoother. For me the movement for either forefinger or middle finger to the trigger seems very clumsy. In fact I somehow managed to launch a couple of arrows before getting my sight to settle. I will probably give it another go this summer because of ease drawing.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I own one but don't use it...As noted above it certainly makes drawing easier and smoother. For me the movement for either forefinger or middle finger to the trigger seems very clumsy. In fact I somehow managed to launch a couple of arrows before getting my sight to settle. I will probably give it another go this summer because of ease drawing.
I do agree with the awkwardness. Although it took a couple of weeks, I did get used to it. That’s why I was interested in Vipers thumb peg set up. It looks more natural. I do like using my middle finger to trigger the release. I will probably stick with the wrist strap, but I like to tinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I like my hot shot vapor better

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
I just got one, probably has more to do that it's designed to be triggered with your middle finger, it does make drawing much easier though.
It is actually designed to be shot with your index trigger.....That is why the hand pivots and rotates around to allow perfect alignment with your index finger. If you only tried shooting it with your middle finger, that is probably why you had problems. That said it can work either way. If you find a consistent way to shoot it with your middle finger that is great as it is another way. But the initial design was for the index finger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts