Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team 32
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the pic where the camera takes a picture of the deer the moment it was hit by an arrow, but has anyone ever tried to do this on purpose? I have a couple stands where the deer walk through my shooting lanes very predictably. Has anyone ever set out their camera in hopes of catching that moment?

Also has anyone set their cams to act as a bit of forewarning for approaching deer? I've been walking in in the mornings and seen my cams flash from about a hundred yards away. It sure would be neat to set a few perimeter cams on trails to your spot so that the flash would let you know somethings coming.

I'm a homebrewer with about 20 cams at my disposal so all of this would be pretty easy to accomplish. Anyone ever though about this?

Hokie

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Whatcha waiting for? Give it a try and let us know.

I have a camera pointed towards where
I think will be my best shooting area and the cam is set to video. Have to see if it happens or not. My prediction is stuff will happen to fast to be caught.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I have a hard enough time just killing deer with my bow...period lol lol now we're trying to strategically shoot one for a trail cam pic lol

Great :doh:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
BigCountry did it on a bear hunt last year.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
There was a post on here a year or two ago of a buck jumping in the air right after the arrow went through it. I don't know if it was ever determined to by photoshopped or not.

Lien2

·
Registered
966 Posts
i tried to do it last year with my DXG but i never had a nice buck come in. i did get some cool footage with it though.

here is a video of an old mtn buck doggin a hot doe along a scrape line. he stops at several scrapes along the way, then see's my cam and kinda spooks. i'm in a tree to the right about 20 yds away. it's too bad he didn't have any brow tines, cause i would've shot him. at the end of the video he smells my scent wick and walks right under my tree...all i could do was watch.
turn the volume up and enjoy!
T7EU431GlVg?hd=1

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was telling someone about that pic not too long ago. Any idea where I might find it?

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
i tried to do it last year with my DXG but i never had a nice buck come in. i did get some cool footage with it though.

here is a video of an old mtn buck doggin a hot doe along a scrape line. he stops at several scrapes along the way, then see's my cam and kinda spooks. i'm in a tree to the right about 20 yds away. it's too bad he didn't have any brow tines, cause i would've shot him. at the end of the video he smells my scent wick and walks right under my tree...all i could do was watch.
T7EU431GlVg?hd=1
awesome video

·
Land of the Giants!!
4,374 Posts
Here ya go! I saved it when I saw it bc it's so frkn awesome:

CDY[1][1].jpg

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

T7EU431GlVg?hd=1
What is a DXG camera? thanks for more info, as it was great footage!

·
Registered
966 Posts
DXG makes video cameras. they are popular with the homebrew crowd. this particular unit is a homebrew 567v day only camera. thanks for the compliments on the video too.

·
Back down to ground level
16,090 Posts
I tried it last year. Had the cam set up on the other side of the run, facing me, so I would be in the video too. Nothing came by, only got myself going up and down the tree. Might try it again this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts