Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I'm not offering to spank you so get that right out of your heads!

I'm talking about my canoe hoist. I have this expansive area above my Garage door. What better place to store my canoe. I Mounted 2 pulleys and a ran some rope down to a hand winch on the pole between bays. Now I back my car in, yes all the way in because I need to be able to shut the door before I lower the canoe. This really sucks because it forces me to have to clean the garage! Anyway once the the mound of crap has been dispensed with and the car is in the garage and the door is closed I can lower the canoe down right onto the roof rack. "Bingo I must be in the front row" away we go to our nearest fishing hole or ...

Well there you go at least it isn't another bow press or paper tuning rack.
Shoot straight and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hey BB,
Pretty cool.
Your brain cells never get a chance to cool down. Always the builder/thinker. I suggest a cool barley beverage at least bi-weekly to keep all systems up to OEM spec's. Used your Spinner this AM to build some strings.....nice.

Tuna

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yeah. That's an excellent way to store a canoe. Been hanging mine from the garage ceiling for seven or eight years.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hanging it from the ceiling - good idea. Lowering it dirrectly on the roof rack - stroke of genius!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nice work . i ahve seen a set up like this before at a customer of mine house. very handy to have .
love the gararge. i might have gone with even taller doors having that much cieling hieght. I have to pull in mine with a truck with racks on so if i put a canoe on top of that i
would need 9 foot or maybe higher doors

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
i actually hang my jon boat from the ceiling of my garage. takes a lot of cranks on the winch, but its great to have it out of the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts