Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just found out he was being transfered to that area.Any deer hunting near there ?

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
perchjerker said:
My brother just found out he was being transfered to that area.Any deer hunting near there ?
There's a few bucks around there if you can find a place to hunt......Between BLM and San Juan National Forest theres a few hundred thousand acres.:D

Not many elk around there either.:wink:

· Registered
1,694 Posts
Durango

Durango is simply one of the coolest places I know of.

Fantastic city... w/ great recreation (skiing, hiking, biking and, of course, hunting). San Juan elk... New Mexico, Arizona and Utah a stone's throw away.

Plus, as a college town, there's good nightlife, including great ethnic restaurants, micro-brews, etc.

Color me jealous. Moved to Ohio from CO two years ago and don't see an oppty to get back.

· Registered
342 Posts
There's tons of great hunting around that area.I've hunted several places all over Co. and that area was always our go-to spot.There's some public land just to the east of town that was covered up with mule deer a few years ago.Not many trophy animals but the deer were there in numbers.One of the biggest mule deer I've ever seen:tv,videos,magazines,or otherwise was just southeast of Durango.Tell your bro he's in business.I wish somebody would transfer me to Durango!!!:thumbs_up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.