Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 8 yr old his first compound. Mission Menace with Max 4 limbs. Anyone else get their kid a new or firstbow? What bow did you get em and how old are they?

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
2.5 year old girl getting a Bear first shot. not sure if she's gonna be a righty or a lefty yet, so haven't progressed past the stick bow stage.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Not for Christmas, but for her 13th birthday this last Aug. If anyone is interested, her old three year old LH Mini Genesis w/ release and a few arrows, is on ebay.:eek:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My 10 year old daughter will be retiring the genesis and stepping up to the PSE Chaos, 30-40 pounder.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Bought my boy a Razor Edge 30-60lb. Cant wait for him to start shooting with me.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The kids are already setup with bows, so no bows for them this Christmas, but Daddy got a heck of a deal on a used Hoyt ProElite here on AT. :wink:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I bought my 6 year old a Diamond Nuclear Ice...

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
My son is 11. I sold his Ignition to upgrade him for Xmas. We got him a black riser/camo limb Passion. Here's what he's getting for a setup:

Passion 23.5/40 w/loop
Armortech HD
QAD Ultra HD
Mathews T5
X-coil
superball peep
Maxima 150's w/ Mathews flame wraps
custom colored dampers and suppressors

I can't wait to see his face next Friday morning.:)

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
:embara: yes........... :embara:

PSE Chaos SI for both of them. A righty and a lefty. They are shooting good enough with their Nuclear Ice and Banshee's that I figured it was time for them to step up to the next level.

Soon to be for sale.... Right and left handed Nuclear Ice and Right and left handed Hoyt Bansees....I am running out of room!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Here's picture of my 6 year olds bow Santa is bringing him, I hope he'll like it... I was suprised at the punch it packs...

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Diamond Nuclear Ice

Bought my 4yr old son a Nuclear Ice. Man that is one sweet little bow!

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Yup, I got my son a Bowtech Soldier in the Black Ops finish. Also got him a set of Bob Lambeth cherry/black grips to go on it. He started shooting when he was 4 but due to an accident that required major surgery on his elbow he hasn't shot in several years now. When he said he wanted to start shooting a bow again I was immediately racing down to the shop to get a bow for him. I'll be as excited as he is (maybe even more) on Christmas morning when he opens up that bow!

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Not my kid, but my Girlfriend and I got her little brother (15) an all black PSE BowMadness XL 40-50# with some Easton Excel 500's. It is an upgrade to his bow (girlfriend's old & 1st bow) a Hoyt Cybertec (03).

I told him I was getting a new bow again (no surprise there he said) and I told him pick one off of the PSE website that you would want and I will get that one, and he picked the BM XL, so that is what we ordered:darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Not my kid, but my Girlfriend and I got her little brother (15) an all black PSE BowMadness XL 40-50# with some Easton Excel 500's. It is an upgrade to his bow (girlfriend's old & 1st bow) a Hoyt Cybertec (03).

I told him I was getting a new bow again (no surprise there he said) and I told him pick one off of the PSE website that you would want and I will get that one, and he picked the BM XL, so that is what we ordered:darkbeer:
That's pretty freaking cool man...he's going to be one happy kid come Christmas morning.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
That's pretty freaking cool man...he's going to be one happy kid come Christmas morning.
That is what we are hoping for, This bow looks awesome, if I wasn't shooting Elite, I would have ordered one, I think he will have a slight smile on his face

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 10 year old saved up enough money and bought himself a Diamond Razor Edge 30 -60# a few months ago.

Had a talk with Santa and he is getting my 8 year old the new new 2010 Bear Apprentice.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts