Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a crappy season for me so far, I cant wait for winter bow to start.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yep, I am looking forward to it also.
I hardly seen a deer in regular bow. Took a 4 pointer in permit bow.
My good streak in Ohio came to an end this year also, I guess four Ohio deer in five years isn't bad though.
Last year in Jersey ( home ) I took seven.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm also looking forward to winter bow in NJ, used to hunt Delaware Water Gap Federal land in Sussex County. I wasn't up there for many years now.
I'll give that a try this year, when I hunted it many years ago we saw pretty many deer in the winter and fall seasons.
I also got shut out in Ohio this year, we hunt Zaleski forrest and the lack of acorns this year made for poor hunting.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Yup i started practicing up and cant wait to shoot some 5 spot:) i also had a great archery season. got my first archery deer ever and saw more bucks in 2 days then i have in my hole life

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I'd love to start shooting an indoor spot league but I think my wife would divorce me if I picked up another hobby.:(

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
im thinking about trying it for this year..I got a nice 8 on the camera the other day..Im targeting him now..:darkbeer::darkbeer:

·
Registered
346 Posts
i cant wait had a crappy permit season also. Starting 2 indoor leagues next month also, i will be busier than a one legged man in a ass kickin contest

·
Registered
634 Posts
You betcha! I've got 2 weeks vacation coming in Jan., and was just granted permission to hunt a local farm and even use the owner's permanent stands!!
Bring on the snow, baby!:wink:

Jeff

·
Registered
Hoyt/PSE Frankenbow, Browning Xcellerator III, PSE Nighthawk
479 Posts
winter

cant wait myself......live on second highest mountain in new jersey.....cold n windy...still excited. hunting quarter mile from the house.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[we hunt Zaleski forrest and the lack of acorns this year made for poor hunting.
][/QUOTE]

Many think the huge bumper crop in nj this year really hurt deer activity.

I'm hoping to see some activity this week before winter bow.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
i cant shoot my laegues:cry: between my new job and school i just am booked. im so mad:mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
we hunt Zaleski forrest and the lack of acorns this year made for poor hunting.
Many think the huge bumper crop in nj this year really hurt deer activity.

I'm hoping to see some activity this week before winter bow

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
im still up in the air about winter bow, its gonna be COOOLD..lol

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
how do you guys stay warm for winter bow, with still being able to draw?

·
Registered
74 Posts
how do you guys stay warm for winter bow, with still being able to draw?
Stick on heat packs stuck to my under armour in the kidney area works for me. Also wear pac boots and 300 gram Predator Fleece...no problems drawing back...bow is only @ 62 lbs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ive got 2000gram boots, so not worried about that. I picked up some under armour also to try, but my elbows get cold. I also picked up some heat packs, but havent had the chance to try them yet. I need to find some more predator stuff, but its expensive! lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
full fleece face mask, glomitts, good boots. I've been wanting one of those full body suits that you step out of for the shot. I'm good into the single digits.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
PM Boarman1 on here good deals on Predator clothing.
I think I pm'd him about something before, and I remember it being horrbily high priced compared to buying it from cabelas..I could be mistaken, that was a long time ago:confused::cocktail:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts